|This character exists primarily or exclusively within the Sonic X continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
Bocoe (ボコー Bokō?) is a character from the anime series Sonic X and its comic series published by Archie Comics. He is one of Dr. Eggman's personal humanoid assistant robots, whom he aids in his schemes for domination.
New World Saga
Bocoe was serving Dr. Eggman when Egman's base was attacked by Sonic, who was attempting to get Cream, Cheese and the Chaos Emeralds back from Eggman. However, when the Energy Amplifier, which Eggman had placed the Chaos Emeralds in, got damaged by an E-13 Guardbot right before Eggman hit the button to activate it, Chaos Control was induced, sending Bocoe, Decoe, and Eggman to Earth.
After arriving on Earth, Eggman decided to launch his takeover of Earth and add it to the Eggman Empire. Bocoe remained in the meantime by Eggman's side at his headquarters during the doctor's various attempts to take over Earth.
When Eggman began taking over the world's TV signals, Bocoe helped Eggman broadcast his own television show. Some time later, Eggman discovered a Chaos Emerald reaction in the Diamond Stadium. Coming along with Eggman on his hunt for the Emerald this time around, Bocoe and Decoe ended up playing a baseball game alongside Eggman's E-21 Ballios against Sonic and his friends, with the winner getting to claim the Chaos Emerald. Although Bocoe's team could not beat Sonic's team, Eggman still managed to escape with the Chaos Emerald.
At one point, when Eggman left with E-35 Funfun to locate a Chaos Emerald at Tingalin Villa, Bocoe and Decoe found themselves under attack by naval and air forces of G.U.N., forcing them to defend the base from attack. At one point, they spotted what appears to be another G.U.N. aircraft approaching, unaware it was the Egg Mobile, and tried to shoot it down. As a result, both were given a harsh scolding by a furious Eggman before he took over defense of the base, leaving Bocoe and Decoe unnerved by their screw-up. They soon after noticed a G.U.N. commando team in the power room of the base, and sealed them in, unaware that they had already planted explosives to take out the base. Sonic allowed the commandos to escape though, and the base was destroyed, putting Bocoe, Decoe, and Eggman out of action for the time being.
Chaos Emerald Saga
Despite having lost their headquarters, Eggman and his lackeys went mobile with the deployment of the Egg Fort, which Bocoe and Decoe served as co-pilots of. Their first act after deploying their new base was to attack Station Square with E-42 Toroles and E-43 Falcons. However, they were beaten by Sonic, who made the Egg Fort crash into the ocean. Despite the Egg Fort now stuck underwater, Bocoe and Decoe attempted to repair it. In the meantime, Eggman discovered another Chaos Emerald nearby and unleashed E-57 Clurken to deal with Sonic, only for Sonic to take down E-57 and escape with the Emerald. Bocoe and Bocoe later went to Oriental City where they saw Knuckles looking for someone named Hawk, which they promptly reported to Eggman, who decided to investigate this.
After the Egg Fort and X Tornado shoot each other down over the African Savannah, Bocoe and Decoe went after Sonic in E-65 Gorru-Gaooh. However, their ability to camouflage E-65 through the fauna around them failed when they attempted to attack Sonic in a construction site, where the heavy construction equipment would not blend with E-65, which allowing Sonic to destroy it. With the Egg Fort soon after beyond salvaging for further conflict with Sonic, Eggman launched the Egg Fort II to replace it. However, he had to contend with Bocoe and Decoe disagreeing with him over the names for the three parts to it he suggested. Eventually though, the trio used the Egg Fort II to confront Sonic while he was on a vacation to the glaciers on the Thorndyke Family yacht. However, they were soundly beaten by Sonic and the Thorndyke Family's maid, Ella, who had chased Bokkun all the way back to Eggman in retribution for blowing a bomb up in her face.
While hanging out in the Egg Fort II, Bocoe saw Eggman get contacted by Jerome Wise, who needed the doctor to force Sonic into competing in a race. After Bocoe aided in convincing Eggman to help Wise (who offered them a minor reward that Bocoe liked), Bocoe helped Eggman remodel a robot that made Sonic compete in the race. Later, while Bocoe was comforting Bokkun after a traumatic experience, E-45 Sumo-Man, who Eggman had sent after Sonic, came crashing into the Egg Fort II, leaving Bocoe buried in the rubble. Bocoe and Decoe later joined Eggman on a hike in the mountains of Japan, only to find themselves fighting Sonic when they found his friends there, whom they suspected of looking for a Chaos Emerald. They thus launched E-66 Da-Dai-Oh to face them, only for Sonic to beat them once more.
With the Egg Fort II, Bocoe, along with Decoe and Eggman, soon went to Filmdom City to locate another Chaos Emerald after witnessing the energy discharge from the new Emerald. After literally crashing the sound stage where Lindsey Thorndyke was rehearsing her next movie, Bocoe chased after Tails until Eggman got the Emerald and released E-74 Weazo to deal with Sonic and his friends. Though Sonic and Knuckles destroyed E-74, Eggman, Bocoe, and Decoe escaped with the Emerald. Bocoe, Decoe and Eggman later began observing Sonic after catching him in doing a non-stop run. Rather than using this opportunity to attack Sonic however, Eggman kept procrastinating, much to Bocoe's dismay.
Later on, Bocoe and Decoe discovered Christopher Thorndyke and Knuckles approaching the Egg Fort II with a white flag. The reason was to broker a truce with Eggman, as Chris wanted to see Sonic and his friends get home safely. Eggman agreed to the truce, but asked for the five Chaos Emeralds that Sonic and his friends had collected to be entrusted to him until the seventh one was found. As Chris and Knuckles left to retrieve them, Eggman revealed to Bocoe and Decoe that he had no intention of upholding the agreement. When Chris and Knuckles returned with their Emeralds, Eggman was called by E-77 Lucky, who had found the seventh Emerald, prompting Eggman to double-cross Knuckles and eject him from the Egg Fort II while taking Chris hostage. Bocoe and his accomplishes then departed in the Egg Fort II to rendezvous with Lucky.
When Bocoe and the others found Lucky, the Egg Fort II was engaged by both Sonic and the G.U.N. Beetles. Bocoe did his best to defend the Egg Fort II against the attacks, but Eggman soon decided to pull out the heavy guns, and had Decoe and Bocoe transform the Egg Fort II into the E-99 Eggsterminator. Powered by the six Chaos Emeralds in his possession, the Eggsterminator left Bocoe, Decoe, and Eggman frightened as it beat Sonic to within an inch of his life. Eggman ultimately ordered the Eggsterminator to stand down, unable to see Sonic suffer any more, but the Eggsterminator instead delivered a final drop-kick to ensure Sonic's demise in a watery grave, scaring Eggman and his robot lackeys. In grief over Sonic's presumed death, Chris broke out of his restraints and retrieved the Chaos Emeralds, much to Eggman, Bocoe, and Decoe's shock. Knuckles then broke in to retrieve Chris and the Emeralds, but Rouge had already flown off with them. Shortly thereafter, Sonic was revived and transformed into Super Sonic, who delivered a devastating blow to the Eggsterminator. Bocoe and Decoe turned to Eggman for orders, but Eggman did nothing, realizing that with Sonic in his super form, Chaos Control was about to happen. Super Sonic subsequently reduced the Eggsterminator to a fiery ruin within seconds, but Eggman escapeed with Decoe and Bocoe, crash-landing on the newly-appeared Angel Island.
Six months after losing the Egg Fort II, Bocoe was assisting Eggman with the construction of new E-Series robots (Beta, Gamma, Delta, and Epsilon). After completing the robots, the trio launched the Egg Carrier to attack Station Square with Chaos, a being Eggman had acquired. After Chaos was defeated as Chaos 4 in Windy Valley by Sonic and Tails, Bocoe manned the Egg Carrier's defenses and managed to shoot down the X Tornado.
Some time later, the E-Series robots returned from a mission Eggman had sent them out on, but only Gamma had succeeded in retrieving the frog that Eggman knew had swallowed part of Chaos along with a Chaos Emerald. After Eggman made his judgment calls, Bocoe sadly sent Beta, Delta, and Epsilon away while Gamma was reassigned to another mission. Not long after, the X Tornado would attack the Egg Carrier again. Although Bocoe and Decoe armed the Egg Carrier's weapons, they were unprepared for when Tails revealed the X Tornado's Battle Armor Mode and managed to crash the aircraft on the Egg Carrier. When the Egg Carrier then began losing altitude and heading for a water landing, Eggman escaped after Chaos 6 was defeated by Sonic and Knuckles. However, Bocoe and Decoe were left behind on the crashing ship with ZERO. The trio later encountered Amy Rose when she returned to the Egg Carrier to find the family of her Flicky friend, Lily, but both they and ZERO were soundly beaten by Amy and her Piko Piko Hammer.
Shortly thereafter, Decoe and Bocoe retrieved Eggman after he revealed to Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles that Chaos had betrayed him. They subsequently launched the Egg Carrier to confront Chaos, who had by that point, evolved into its ultimate form: Perfect Chaos. When the Egg Carrier 2 engaged Perfect Chaos, it was easily destroyed by the beast, but Bocoe and Decoe escaped with Eggman on the Egg Mobile. They later watched Sonic use the the Chaos Emeralds to become Super Sonic to fight Perfect Chaos, but slipped away during the fight to plan their next scheme.
After the debacle with Chaos, Eggman decides to hack into the secure databases of G.U.N. to spy on the government, despite concern from Decoe and Bocoe that this could draw the military's attention to him. During this, Eggman found the classified data on his grandfather, Professor Gerald Robotnik, and Project Shadow. Learning of the Ultimate Creature, Bocoe and Decoe came along with Eggman when he attacked Prison Island to retrieve the capsule containing the Ultimate Creature. However, all three were startled by what emerged from it once they open it.
Upon emerging, the Ultimate Creature, Shadow the Hedgehog, pledged his loyalty to Eggman, and set about framing Sonic for various crimes, leading to Sonic getting incarcerated on Prison Island. Eggman subsequently celebrated this victory, much to Bocoe and Decoe's confusion, before Rouge arrived to offer her services to Eggman, offering a Chaos Emerald to show her loyalty. With Rouge and Shadow on his side, Eggman went back to Prison Island to steal the Chaos Emeralds held there. There, Decoe and Bocoe contacted Eggman to debrief him on the upgraded security system, although Eggman was not worried about it. During the events that followed, Eggman and his crew escaped with the Emeralds while Prison Island was destroyed.
Now in possession of six Chaos Emeralds, Bocoe headed to Space Colony ARK with Eggman, Bocoe, Rogue and Shadow to take control of the Eclipse Cannon. With it, Eggman managed to threaten the Earth into submission. When Sonic and his crew later made it onboard the Space Colony ARK to stop the Eclipse Cannon, Bocoe, Eggman and Decoe ambushed the heroes and took Amy hostage. When Sonic then tried to save Amy, Eggman would trap Sonic in a capsule set to explode and rejected him into space. With Sonic seemingly gone, Decoe, Eggman and Bocoe faced the wrath of Tails, who attacked them with the X Cyclone. Despite being armed with the Egg Mobile, the evil trio was still defeated by Tails. However, Eggman managed to snatch the seventh Chaos Emerald Tails had and headed to the cannon. There, Bocoe and Decoe helped Eggman prepare the Eclipse Cannon, although the ongoing damage dealt to it by Sonic (who had surived the explosion) and Shadow made it difficult.
When Eggman finally attempted to fire the Eclipse Cannon at Earth, he instead triggered his grandfather's doomsday program that Professor Robotnik had installed into the Eclipse Cannon to attain revenge against G.U.N. for the murder of his granddaughter, Maria. With time running out, Bocoe and Decoe assisted Sonic and Knuckles with taking the Master Emerald to the chamber where the Chaos Emeralds were stored in hopes of shutting down the Emeralds and stopping the ARK's descend. There, they found their path blocked by the Bio Lizard. Shadow returned to distract it however, allowing Bocoe and Decoe to bring the Master Emerald to Knuckles so he could drain the Chaos Emeralds and render then inert. However, the Bio Lizard refused to let Professor Robotnik's revenge be thwarted, and fused to the Eclipse Cannon, becoming the Final Lizard, in an attempt to drag the ARK towards Earth itself. Bocoe and Decoe then watched as Sonic and Shadow transformed into their super forms to stop the Final Lizard and return the ARK back into a stable orbit. However, they soon learned that Shadow had apparently sacrificed himself to ensure their victory. Afterward, Bocoe and Decoe returned to Earth in a shuttle with Eggman to plan their next move.
Egg Moon Saga
In terms of personality, Bocoe does not have much to offer but is somewhat absent-minded, clumsy and stupid, often providing comic relief. He tends to constantly reflect on their constant failures and insult Dr. Eggman behind his back and is constantly irritated by Bokkun. He has a common dream with Decoe of being able to combine into a powerful battle robot (Decoe-Bocoe Cross), but it is merely a fantasy.
Powers and abilities
Bocoe has a degree of piloting skills in various subjects, enabling him to run Eggman's various machinery.
Bocoe is able to "combine" with Decoe in various ways to give themselves other functionalities. The "Bokkun Beacon" is where Bocoe sits on top of Decoe and gives them the ability to summon Bokkun via a light signal sent from Bocoe's eyes, and the "Decoe Bocoe Bazzoka Fire" is where they physically join together to form a powerful energy cannon.
He also has high hand-to-hand combat skills, being able to disable Black Narcissus together with Decoe.
- Bocoe's name sterns from the Japanese word "dekoboko" (凸凹) means unevenness, roughness, ruggedness; it also describes something bumpy, jagged.
- The symbols on Bocoe's chest represent the kanji "凹" in the word "dekoboko".
- In the early promo for Sonic X, Bocoe had a more serious and robotic appearance, in contrast to his cartoonish look in the final version.
- According to Eggman, Bocoe can be self-destructed. However, he never does it.
- Bocoe has a Storm the Albatross doll in the Sonic X comics by Archie Comics.
- The 1991 anime Kinkyū Hasshin Saver Kids was produced by the same studio as Sonic X, Tokyo Movie Shinsha or TMS Entertainment. The show featured two robots called Omega and Epsilon, with designs nearly exact to Bocoe and Decoe's.
- It is unknown whether or not Bocoe can rust. Most of the time in Sonic X, he would complain about rusting, but in "Cruise Blues", he stated he was incapable of corrosion which could also be considered rusting.
- Unlike Decoe, Bocoe was not featured in the 4Kids Entertainment crossover The Fight for the FoxBox.
- ↑ Sonic X #20, "Speed Lines!"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 File:Sonicx-ep6-eye2.jpg
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Miki, Koji (21 February 2004). "Fast Friends". Sonic X. Season 1. Episode 21.
- ↑ Miki, Koji (23 August 2003). "Chaos Control Freaks". Sonic X. Season 1. Episode 1.
- ↑ Miki, Koji (13 September 2003). "Sonic to the Rescue". Sonic X. Season 1. Episode 2.
- ↑ Miki, Koji (20 September 2003). "Missile Wrist Rampage". Sonic X. Season 1. Episode 3.
- ↑ Miki, Koji (27 September 2003). "Chaos Emerald Chaos". Sonic X. Season 1. Episode 4.
- ↑ Miki, Koji (11 October 2003). "Techno-Teacher". Sonic X. Season 1. Episode 6.
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 Miki, Koji (25 October 2003). "Satellite Swindle". Sonic X. Season 1. Episode 8.
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 Miki, Koji (29 November 2003). "Beating Eggman, Part 2". Sonic X. Season 1. Episode 13.
- ↑ Miki, Koji (8 November 2003). "Unfair Ball". Sonic X. Season 1. Episode 10.
- ↑ Miki, Koji (22 November 2003). "Beating Eggman, Part 1". Sonic X. Season 1. Episode 12.
- ↑ Miki, Koji (13 December 2003). "Skirmish in the Sky". Sonic X. Season 1. Episode 15.
- ↑ Miki, Koji (17 January 2004). "Depths of Danger". Sonic X. Season 1. Episode 16.
- ↑ Miki, Koji (24 January 2004). "The Adventures of Knuckles and Hawk". Sonic X. Season 1. Episode 17.
- ↑ Miki, Koji (31 January 2004). "The Dam Scam". Sonic X. Season 1. Episode 18.
- ↑ Miki, Koji (14 February 2004). "Cruise Blues". Sonic X. Season 1. Episode 20.
- ↑ Miki, Koji (24 February 2004). "Little Chao Lost". Sonic X. Season 1. Episode 22.
- ↑ Miki, Koji (6 March 2004). "Emerald Anniversary". Sonic X. Season 1. Episode 23.
- ↑ Miki, Koji (13 March 2004). "How to Catch a Hedgehog". Sonic X. Season 1. Episode 24.
- ↑ Miki, Koji (20 March 2004). "A Dastardly Deed". Sonic X. Season 1. Episode 25.
- ↑ Miki, Koji (27 March 2004). "Countdown to Chaos". Sonic X. Season 1. Episode 26.
- ↑ Masake, Hiro (18 September 2004). "Pure Chaos". Sonic X. Season 2. Episode 27.
- ↑ Masake, Hiro (25 September 2004). "A Chaotic Day". Sonic X. Season 2. Episode 28.
- ↑ Masake, Hiro (2 October 2004). "A Robot Rebels". Sonic X. Season 2. Episode 29.
- ↑ Masake, Hiro (9 October 2004). "Head's Up, Tails!". Sonic X. Season 2. Episode 30.
- ↑ Masake, Hiro (16 Ocotber 2004). "Revenge of the Robot". Sonic X. Season 2. Episode 31.
- ↑ Masake, Hiro (23 October 2004). "Flood Fight". Sonic X. Season 2. Episode 32.
- ↑ Masake, Hiro (30 October 2004). "Project: Shadow". Sonic X. Season 2. Episode 33.
- ↑ Masake, Hiro (6 November 2004). "Shadow Knows". Sonic X. Season 2. Episode 34.
- ↑ Masake, Hiro (13 November 2004). "Sonic's Big Break". Sonic X. Season 2. Episode 35.
- ↑ Masake, Hiro (20 November 2004). "Shadow World". Sonic X. Season 2. Episode 36.
- ↑ Masake, Hiro (27 November 2004). "Robotnik's Revenge". Sonic X. Season 2. Episode 37.
- ↑ Masake, Hiro (4 December 2004). "Showdown in Space". Sonic X. Season 2. Episode 38.
- ↑ Sonic X episode 48, "The Volcanic Venture"
- ↑ Sonic X episode 75, "Agent of Mischief"