Bowser, also known as King Koopa, is the unquestioned ruler of the Koopa Troop, and arch-enemy of Mario. Bowser's lifelong goal has been to take over the Mushroom Kingdom, sometimes even the entire universe, and he almost always attempts to do so by capturing Princess Peach, who he does not destroy due to the fact that he developed a huge crush on her. Instead, he seeks to put an end to Mario, who is mainly the one foiling his plans. Once Peach is taken out of power, he wreaks havoc across the kingdom, only to eventually be thwarted by Mario and his friends. He also has a son named Bowser Jr., and seven minions called the Koopalings.
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games
Bowser appears in Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games as a power type character. He is the strongest character with a high level of stamina. Bowser does excellently in events such as the Hammer Throw or any events dealing with strength.
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Bowser is the biggest and heaviest fighter in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Though he's slow, he has some powerful smash attacks that makes up for it.
Bowser first appeared before Diddy Kong and Donkey Kong in the jungle and used a weapon called a to turn Donkey Kong into a trophy. He aimed for Diddy Kong but he was punched away by Donkey Kong in sacrifice. Bowser would later appear to Diddy Kong and Fox after they defeated a . Bowser shot at them with the Dark Cannon a few times but they dodged the shots and fled.
If Peach was rescued
Bowser found and turned Princess Peach into a trophy. The False Bowser used the trophy to become . Later on, he and the Koopa Troop invaded King Dedede's castle and destroyed it. He then found Princess Zelda in her trophy form and kidnapped her. Mario, attempting to free Zelda, jumped high in a punching stance to attack Bowser. However, Bowser used Zelda as shield. When Mario saw her, he stopped his punch for fear of hurting Zelda. Bowser then dodged an arrow from Pit and escaped with the princess in his Koopa Clown Car.
Bowser found and turned Princess Zelda into a trophy. The False Bowser used the trophy to become. Later on, he and the Koopa Troop invaded King Dedede's castle and destroyed it. He then found Princess Peach in her trophy form and kidnapped her. Mario, attempting to free Peach, jumped high in a punching stance to attack Bowser. However, Bowser used Peach as shield. When Mario saw her, he stopped his punch for fear of hurting Peach. Bowser then dodged an arrow from Pit and escaped with the princess in his Koopa Clown Car.
Bowser appeared before Fox and Diddy Kong once more and turned Diddy Kong into a trophy. He then created a Falco. Fox revived Diddy Kong while Bowser escaped, they then fought the giant false Diddy Kong. He later showed up with Ganondorf on the , although it was quickly destroyed by the combined efforts of the unified heroes. He and Ganondorf retreated into Subspace, where Ganondorf turned on Bowser, and used the Dark Cannon to turn him into a trophy. He was later awakened by King Dedede, whom he immediately fought, only to be lose and be turned into a trophy again in the battle. He is then revived once again. He soon found the trophy of Ganondorf, to which he beat heavily for the betrayal. Afterward, he departed for the .via . He next aimed for Fox only to have his Dark Cannon destroyed by
After getting through the Great Maze, Bowser and the others encountered Tabuu, a creature made of pure Subspace. Tabuu prepares to turn everyone into a trophy, but Sonic arrived just in time to break his wings, preventing him from doing so. The group banded together to defeat Tabuu once and for all.
- Standard - Fire Breath
- Bowser breathes a range of fire which will last as long as the player holds the special move button. Eventually, the range will shorten. To achieve maximum range again with this move, the player should wait for the move to recharge by not using it for some time.
- Side - Flying Slam
- The move can only initiate when used nearby a foe. Bowser will grab a foe, leap up and crush them under his weight.
- Up - Whirling Fortress
- Bowser withdraws into his shell and spins, gaining additional lift while airborne to recover back onto the stage. When used on the ground, it can attack enemies on either side of him.
- Down - Bowser Bomb
- When used in the ground, Bowser leaps up into the air and crushes down to the ground, damaging any opponents that make contact. While used in the air, only the second phase of the move is used.
- Final Smash - Giga Bowser
- Bowser transforms into the fearsome Giga Bowser, who doesn't flinch at any attack. All of his attacks become enhanced and more powerful. The transformation doesn't last long though.
||The king of the Koopas and Mario's eternal rival. He breathes fire, hurls hammers, attacks from vehicles like the Koopa Clown Car, and uses all sorts of weapons in hopes of taking out Mario. As his size suggests, he's immensely powerful. His son Bowser Jr. is a chip off the old block who spends his time creating trouble for Mario.|
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games
Bowser appears in the sequel of Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games, called Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games. However, he is not alone this time, as his son Bowser Jr. joins him in the competition. In the Nintendo DS version's Adventure Tours, Bowser teams up with Dr. Eggman to stop the Winter Olympics and make their own games by melting all the snow and kidnapping the Snow Spirits.
In the Wii version, like all characters, once the player earns 5 gold medals or 1st place medals with Bowser, a Bowser costume appears in the Boutique for 300 star tokens.
|Icon||Name||Ability Type||Wii Stats||DS Stats||Special||Emblem|
Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games
Bowser appeared in the sequel of Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games, called Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games, once again playing a significant role in the Nintendo 3DS version of the game as he teams up with Dr. Eggman once more.
Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games
Bowser made an appearance in the Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games.
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U
Bowser was confirmed to be a returning character in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U in the official E3 trailer.
Changes from Brawl
- He stands upright as opposed to his hunched-over posture from previous games.
- He has a new dashing animation where he runs upright instead of sliding along the ground.
- He appears to have multiple new attacks, such as a two-footed dropkick, a dashing kick, and an aerial front kick.
- His down tilt has the same animation, but seems to be a pair of punches instead of claw strikes.
- This change also seems to have been applied to his standard attack.
- His Bowser Bomb attack now has a larger radius.
- Bowser appears to have more launch resistance, with him being seen in Little Mac's reveal trailer unflinching from Mega Man's normal Mega Buster shots, and Sakurai implying some sort of armor in this miiverse post. The extent of this new launch resistance, and which moves it applies to, is currently unknown.
Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games
Bowser returns again as a playable character in Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games. In the 3DS version, Bowser is playable only in Golf and Boxing. Similar to the previous installments, Bowser's highest stat is his power.
Along with every other playable character from the past installments, Bowser is playable in every event in the Wii U version of the game.
Bowser is also playable in the Arcade version of the game, where he is a Power character.
- In an episode of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?, a contestant was asked which video game series Bowser was from and she incorrectly guessed Sonic the Hedgehog.
- Most of Bowser's voice clips in Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games are from Mario Golf Toadstool Tour.