Sonic Heroes (First and only appearance)
|Number of acts||
It begins with lots of rails and trains, and proceeds to a more base-like atmosphere as the level goes on. This level's main gimmick is the giant cannons which the teams fly out of at several points. There are also giant capsules (used to create Shadow Androids) spread throughout the level, as well as giant trains, which must be boarded and destroyed to proceed. It is revealed in Team Sonic's story that the heroes think that this is Eggman's ground base within Rail Canyon.
Team Sonic has to destroy Eggman's base at the mountaintop to reach him.
Team Dark must infiltrate the base to stop Eggman.
Team Rose must find Eggman's base to rescue Chocola and Froggy.
Team Chaotix are instructed to destroy 30 shadow android capsules to prevent there transport with the Egg Fleet. Eventually, all of the teams make it to Eggman's HQ. However, Eggman has a more powerful version of his last weapon lying in wait.
Rank Requirements (Normal Missions)Edit
These missions are played in Story Mode
|Rank A||Rank B||Rank C||Rank D||Rank E||Mission 1|
|Team Sonic||40,000||35,000||30,000||20,000||<20,000||Destroy Eggman's Base!|
|Team Dark||55,000||45,000||35,000||25,000||<25,000||Annihilate Eggman's Base!|
|Team Rose||38,000||36,000||32,000||28,000||<28,000||Find Eggman's Base!|
|Team Chaotix||32,000||28,000||24,000||20,000||<20,000||Destroy 30 Capsules!|
Rank Requirements (Extra Missions)Edit
These mission are playable in Challenge Mode
|Rank A||Rank B||Rank C||Rank D||Rank E||Mission 2|
|Team Sonic||40,000||38,000||35,000||30,000||<30,000||Get to the goal ring within 6 mins!|
|Team Dark||11:30||12:00||12:30||13:30||>13:30||Defeat 100 enemies!|
|Team Rose||4:00||4:30||5:00||5:30||>5:30||Collect 200 rings!|
Destroy all the capsules!
- By using a glitch, it is possible to grind on the rails in the tunnels.
- Team Chaotix's extra mission is often considered to be hardest, for there are many capsules in the level and it's easy to miss some of them, particularly the capsules in the bobsled section if the player goes too fast.
- It is possible to access more of the stage as Team Rose. Go to the end of their stage, get on the rail as Cream, and at the rail's high point, jump off and fly towards the triple-rail behind the goal ring. (Cream must have advanced to level 3 in order to do this.) The player can now play through more of the stage then normally possible.
- There is a glitch, at the beginning of the level of Team Chaotix, when Vector says "Charmy, this isn't a roller-coaster ride," when he says "ride," it is in Espio's voice.
- The stage music was re-used in Sega Superstars Tennis.