Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|This character exists primarily or exclusively within the Sonic Boom continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
Burnbot is a character that appears in the Sonic Boom franchise. It is a robot created by Dr. Eggman to destroy Sonic. Its name is somewhat of a misnomer, as it was not originally designed with any flame-related weapons.
Burnbot is a relatively short robot. It has a flat, cylinder-shaped black torso with a red frame, three cyan lights below its head, and two prongs below its chest. It also has spiked shoulder guards with round red and white shoulder covers, and a pair of fins and rockets on its back. Its two arms consist of black cables with a red gauntlet and a pair of black pincers each, while its black legs are relatively thin with red wheels instead of feet. Its head is a simple black and white cap with cyan eyes with slit-like pupils, sharp eyebrows, and no mouth.
Another Burnbot model meant for Bot Racing was slightly redesigned for this purpose. While this model retains the upper body of the original Burnbot, it was given black legs with actual feet instead of its old ones.
Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice
In Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice, Burnbot was chosen as one of Dr. Eggman's EggBot Racers to beat Sonic in a racing competition. With Eggman's new Ragnium fuel (along with other upgrades), Burnbot gained a massive speed boost. When its turn came to race Sonic, however, Burnbot proved no match for Sonic.
Burnbot was first summoned by Dr. Eggman to fight Sonic. Once Sonic had finished noting the misleading nature of its name, Burnbot chased him until Tails showed up in the Tornado and helped counterattack with the Speeding Swing Surprise. Getting back up, Burnbot pierced the Tornado's wing, causing Tails to crash; Sonic retaliated by loosening a boulder, which crushed Burnbot. Burnbot was then picked up by Eggman with his Eggmobile and flown away. Later, when Eggman raced Tails in their aircraft in an attempt to eliminate both him and Sonic, he picked up Burnbot, who made Tails crash into a frozen lake, where it faced both Sonic and Tails. Using its new flamethrowers, Burnbot made the duo fall into the lake, but they quickly got out and knocked Burnbot into the lake.
Burnbot later reappeared in Dr. Eggman's lair where it was used by Sonic, who had switched bodies with Eggman, to battle Eggman until they could switch back. Infiltrating the local courthouse, Burnbot posed as "Judge Bot" when Eggman sued Sonic to ensure Eggman's victory in the following trial. Serving as the judge, Burnbot almost declared Sonic guilty, but was stopped by Amy who exposed Eggman's scam. Later on, Burnbot was taken over by the virus Nominatus when he infected Eggman's systems for the purpose of destroying all life forms. By a fluke, Burnbot was deployed to battle Team Sonic by Orbot and Cubot when they entered cyberspace to stop Nominatus. As the heroes held it off, Burnbot shut down once Nominatus was destroyed.
Burnbot later came with Eggman to the Valley of the Cubots to destroy the Cubot prototypes where it fought Sonic and Tails. Due to Cubot messing up Eggman's controls, Burnbot went rampant, allowing Sonic to tie it up with its own arms. When Eggman retreated, Burnbot was left behind. Another time, Burnbot joined a mission Eggman sponsored to remove Knuckles as the host of the Comedy Chimp Show, as a part of a sponsor deal with Comedy Chimp (during which Burnbot advertised Eggman Industries). There, it briefly fought Sonic, but soon retreated with its master. To later avoid being evicted for housing robots, Burnbot was disguised as a lamp by Eggman during the Archipelago Homeowners Association's visit to his lair.
Burnbot was called into action by Dr. Eggman to attack the villagers at the Eggtoberfest when Eggman could not earn their trust. After wrecking havoc, it assaulted Knuckles, only to be beaten by the echidna with one punch.
Other game appearances
Sonic Dash 2: Sonic Boom
In Sonic Dash 2: Sonic Boom, Burnbot makes a small appearance on the High Score menu and during gameplay.
While mostly silent and single-minded, Burnbot is capable of speech and seemingly possesses a personality of its own. It shows a dislike of cockroaches, impatience, and an affection for dance parties, though it remains unquestioningly dedicated to Eggman's orders. As per its programming though, it will only obey orders after being threatened.
Powers and abilities
Burnbot is one of Eggman's most versatile creations. It can move at super speeds comparable to Sonic's when he causes a sonic boom with perfect mobility, and is capable of rocket-powered flight. It is equipped with a pair of large claws for hands, which are both powerful enough to pierce metal and can transform into sawblades. It is also able to extend its arms over long distances for long-ranged attack and then reel them back in.
Burnbot can fire small laser beams from numerous places around its body, including its hands, the two cannon on its chest and even its eyes. Following its first battle, Dr. Eggman equipped Burnbot's chest cannons with flamethrowers, allowing it to shoot flames hot enough to instantly crack a large area of a frozen lake.
- Power source: Lithium-ion
- Burnbot is the first of Dr. Eggman's robots to debut in the Sonic Boom television series.
- Before Sonic and Burnbot fought against each other, Sonic suggested other names for it, such as "Clawbot," "The Lacerator" and "Pinch-a-tron 9000."
- Burnbot bears a resemblance to the Egg Dragoon.
- A variant of Burnbot was originally going to be in Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric as a training enemy, but was scrapped in the end.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Harrison, Reid (14 March 2015). "Don't Judge Me". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 17. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 Banker, Mark; Lieblich, Doug (8 November 2014). "The Sidekick". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 1. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Van Liemt, Romain; Derrien, Christophe (21 February 2015). "The Meteor". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 14. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Raut-Siezac, Natalys (25 April 2015). "Let's Play Musical Friends". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 23. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 Grenier, Benoit (24 July 2015). "Beyond the Valley of the Cubots". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 36. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (5 September 2015). "Late Night Wars". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 42. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Freiberger, Sam; Crede, Phaea; Shatraw, Justin (3 October 2015). "No Robots Allowed". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 46. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Sonic Boom #5, "Eggtoberfest!"
- ↑ Steven Frost on Twitter. Twitter (8 November 2014). Retrieved on 12 November 2014. “Steven Frost: A variation of Burbot was originally going to be in the game as a training enemy but we ended up not using him in the end.”