|Cause of |
The seven Sol Emeralds
|Skills, powers and abilities|
|Moves and techniques|
Burning Blaze (バーニングブレイズ Bāningu Bureizu?) is the burning transformation of Blaze the Cat, by using the power of the seven Sol Emeralds. The player uses her in the last battles of the Sonic Rush series.
Visual changes include her fur turning pink, the tip of her tail turning red, and the details on the end of her ponytail are erased. Her jacket becomes red, while the lining around it changes to a golden shade of yellow. Curiously, the cuffs on her gloves and shoes seem to be engulfed in magenta flames and go slightly up her sleeve. She is usually covered in a burning red aura.
Powers and abilitiesEdit
As Burning Blaze, her powers include the traditional flight and invulnerability abilities, as well as an enhancement to her pyrokinesis, which includes the ability to throw fireballs. She is able to either fire small fireballs in rapid succession or charge her fireballs to make them larger and more powerful. She can also perform a move similar to Super Sonic Boost, dubbed the Burning Fire Boost, which she usually uses to plow through obstacles and to avoid damage, but unlike the Super Sonic Boost, it cannot be used offensively.
She also receives a significant increase in speed and strength; her speed is enhanced to the point where she is able to keep up with Super Sonic, and she is strong enough to send the Egg Wizard flying with a single uppercut.
Like most Super States, her weakness is that she is limited by the number of rings she has, since her transformation requires rings to be maintained, and if she runs out of rings, she will turn back to normal.
- "It's time..." - Burning Blaze heading into the final battle against Dr. Eggman and Eggman Nega in Sonic Rush.
- "Sonic, it's headed right for you!" - Burning Blaze, when Dr. Eggman goes after Super Sonic.
- "I know!" - Burning Blaze, when Eggman Nega comes after her in Sonic Rush, and when switching to her in Sonic Rush Adventure.
- "Take this!" - Burning Blaze, defeating the Egg Salamander alongside Super Sonic.
- "I first came here as a stranger out of nowhere. I think it's appropriate that I leave the same way." - Burning Blaze as the dimensions returns to normal.
- "Yes... Again..." - Burning Blaze agreeing to see Sonic again.
- "I understand now... My inherent power over fire..." - Burning Blaze realizing that her fire-powers is a gift, and not a curse.
- "I'll see you again." - Burning Blaze, after hearing Sonic's message at the end of Sonic Rush.
- "You're right, Sonic. But... How are we supposed to fight them without getting in each other's way?" - Burning Blaze asking Super Sonic about their strategy, as they begin the fight the Egg Wizard.
- "And for the sake of my people... LET'S GO!" - Burning Blaze and Super Sonic about to fight the Egg Wizard.
- "Sonic! GO!" - Burning Blaze, as Super Sonic deals the final blow to the Egg Wizard.
- The first time Blaze became Burning Blaze in Sonic Rush was her first time ever using the Sol Emerald's power. Both Doctor Eggman and Eggman Nega noted that she was unable to use them when they first attacked her with their super robot, but when she realized the importance of trusting others, she became able to transform.
- Burning Blaze is easily mistaken for "Super Blaze" among fans.
- Burning Blaze is the first transformation used by a female character in the game series.
- Burning Blaze is the third transformation where the user's fur turns pink, the others being Super Knuckles and Hyper Knuckles. It is notable that, in addition to their transformations' color, Blaze and Knuckles also share the trait of being the guardians of the Sol and Chaos Emeralds respectively. This may have been intentional.
- Burning Blaze is the first character in the Sonic the Hedgehog series to have her clothes change after a transformation.
- Burning Blaze is the third character to transform into a specific form more than once in the series, right after Super Sonic and Super Shadow.
- Unlike Sonic and Silver, Blaze's eye color does not change when she transforms to Burning Blaze.