|This character exists primarily or exclusively within the Post-Super Genesis Wave continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
- For the version of this character after the Super Genesis Wave, see Burrobot (Pre-Super Genesis Wave).
The Burrobot is a character that appears in the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series and its spin-offs published by Archie Comics. It is a mole-based Badnik variant created by Dr. Eggman for excavation work.
An early model of the Burrobot created by could be seen in the Skull Egg Zone. They have a blue body consisting of a round torso and a large head with round white eyes and black pupils, gray disks for ear pieces and a large gray cone-shaped drill bit for a nose. On their head they wear a yellow hard hat. Their chest is gray, their shoulders are yellow and round, and their two arms are gray with three sharp fingers on each hand. As legs, they have tracked wheels on each side, which runs between two wheels; one is small and one is bigger.
Later models of the Burrobot are much more detailed, and the ear pieces also have red bottom placed screws.
Shattered World Crisis
- Note: From the reader's point of view, this picks up from where the Burrobots' original timeline ended.
A group of Burrobots were stationed in Crystal Cave to excavate the Chaos Emerald inside. Amidst the Shattered World Crisis, the Freedom Fighters came to Crystal Cave and shut down the Burrobots, their fellow badniks and other systems so they could steal the Chaos Emerald. However, the Burrobots came back online after about an hour and tried stopping the Freedom Fighters, but without luck.
Powers and abilities
The Burrobots' specialty is digging with their drill-nose.
- Burrobot is based on the like-named Badnik that debuted in the Genesis and Game Gear video game Sonic the Hedgehog.
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #288, "Genesis of a Hero Part One: Where It All Began"
- ↑ Sonic Universe #53, "When Worlds Collide Part Eight: Liberation"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #260, "The Light in the Dark: Part One"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #261, "The Light in the Dark: Part Two"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #262, "The Light in the Dark: Part Three"