|This character exists primarily or exclusively within the Sonic the Comic continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
The Buzz Bomber is a character that appears in the Sonic the Comic series published by Fleetway Editions. It is a bee-based Badnik variant created by Dr. Ivo Robotnik. They are among the first generation of Badniks Robotnik produced and threatened Mobius' people for much of Robotnik's reign.
When Dr. Robotnik launched his Neutrino Accelerator, several Buzz Bombers were assigned to keep Sonic the Hedgehog busy. However, they and the Badnik army were swiftly destroyed. More Buzz Bombers met the same fate when trying to kill Sonic while on patrol, or when trying to catch Tails where they got smashed trying to catch the fox.
Having lured Sonic away, a Buzz Bomber squadron attacked the Green Hill Zone. However, Amy stopped some by using her crossbow and luring them into a trap. Eventually, the Buzz Bombers from the Green Hill Zone had to share their Zone with Palmtree Panic Zone Badniks. However, the arrivals refused to live with with old-style Badniks, resulting in a slaughter of the local Badniks. The last Buzz Bombers escaped with B.A.R.F. and were used to create the Seven Badniks.
Before the end of Robotnik's reign over Mobius, the Buzz Bombers would attack and ravage other Zones, only to face the Freedom Fighters and be destroyed. Amidst one on the Metropolis Zone however (one which Robotnik began to remind the citizens that he was in charge), Commander Brutus had his own Badniks attack the Buzz Bombers and Robotnik's other Badniks during his rebellion.
On the day where Robotnik's tyranny ended, several Buzz Bombers, along with hundred of Badniks, were called in by Grimer to contain a rebellion in the Metropolis Zone until a global electromagnetic created by Super Sonic shut them down. After a period of relative peace, more Buzz Bombers joined a Badnik army for a surprise attack on the Freedom Fighters under orders from Agent X.
Powers and abilities
The Buzz Bombers are capable of flight using their wings and rockets. They are also deadly aerial marksmen which can fire lasers from their stingers.
- ↑ Sonic the Comic #1, "Enter: Sonic"
- ↑ Sonic the Comic #2, "Robofox"
- ↑ Sonic Holiday Special 1994, "Attack of the Badniks"
- ↑ Sonic the Comic #41, "In Good Hands"
- ↑ Sonic the Comic #59, "The Seven Badniks, Part 1"
- ↑ Sonic the Comic #60, "The Seven Badniks, Part 2"
- ↑ Sonic the Comic #61, "The Seven Badniks, Part 3"
- ↑ Sonic the Comic #86, "Future Shock, Part 1"
- ↑ Sonic the Comic #79, "Revolution, Part 1"
- ↑ Sonic the Comic #80, "Revolution, Part 2"
- ↑ Sonic the Comic #81, "Shock Tactics!"
- ↑ Sonic the Comic #99, "No Exit"
- ↑ Sonic the Comic #100, "The Final Victory"
- ↑ Sonic the Comic #131, "Shady Characters"
- Buzz Bomber at the Sonic the Comic Wiki