|This character exists primarily or exclusively within the Post-Super Genesis Wave continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
- For other uses of the term, see Buzz Bomber (disambiguation). For the version of this character before the Super Genesis Wave, see Buzzbomber (Pre-Super Genesis Wave).
Created by Dr. Eggman as his minions, the Buzzbombers were used early on during the doctor's takeover of Mobotropolis to attack the fleeing citizens and later harass the inhabitants of Knothole Village.
Shattered World Crisis
- Note: From the reader's point of view, this picks up from where the Buzzbombers' original timeline ended.
Over time, a number of scrapped Buzzbombers were left behind in a deserted Eggman junkyard which Zavok, Zeena and Zor reanimated with their magnetic powers and used to defeat Sonic the Hedgehog during their visit there. These events were later prevented from ever happening thanks to a time traveling Xander Payne.
A squadron of Buzzbombers would later accompany the Hooligans and the Witchcarters on an attack on Mobotropolis. During the attack, the Buzzbombers would be destroyed and be forced to retreat by Cream the Rabbit, Big the Cat and Gemerl.
- Buzzbomber is based off the Buzz Bomber who debuted on both the Sega Mega Drive and Game Gear version of Sonic the Hedgehog (1991).
- ↑ Sonic/Mega Man Free Comic Book Day 2014, "Sonic Comic Origins: Sally--The Exiled Leader"
- ↑ Sonic Super Digest #8, "Sonic Comic Origins: Little Lost Soldier"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog: Worlds Unite Battles #1, "Sonic the Hedgehog vs. Three of the Armored Deadly Six!"
- ↑ Mega Man #52, "Worlds Unite Part Twelve: Last Rights"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #284, "Panic In The Sky Part One: The Best Laid Plans"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #285, "Panic in the Sky Part Two: Falling Into Place"