Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Sonic Adventure 2
Sonic Adventure 2
Cannon's Core is the final Stage of Sonic Adventure 2. It is accessed by completing both the Dark and Hero stories. It is the longest Stage in the game and include all playable characters (except Shadow).
In this stage, all the characters (with the exception of Shadow) work together to get the Master Emerald to the core of the Eclipse Cannon on Space Colony ARK. First, Tails and Eggman must destroy the security doors to let the others reach the chamber above the Eclipse Cannon. Next, Rouge must drain the liquid from the Core so Knuckles can open the final security door. As Knuckles, the player must swim to the switch and push it to let Sonic proceed to the core. Afterwards, Sonic and Knuckles reach the Core together, only to find the Ultimate Lifeform's prototype, Biolizard. Shadow, influenced by Amy, volunteers to destroy it while Sonic and Knuckles reach the altar. This level features switches that freeze time, which are useful for they can also freeze the clock for an easy A rank, and can be used infinitely. The switches also freeze waterfalls, acid pits, enemies, moving blocks fast-flowing water and also deactivates lasers, so they can be walked on or through; however, the switches only last about 10 seconds, and a beep will start to sound. When the beeping repeats much more quickly, the effects are about to end, so the player must be careful.
Collect 100 Rings
By picking up every ring along the main path, it is possible to have 100 Rings by the end of Eggman's section. Just keep firing with both him and Tails to avoid getting hit and losing rings.
Find the Lost Chao
Finding the Lost Chao in this stage is a fairly complicated process. Complete Tails' section as normal, and proceed with Eggman until the player comes to the gap immediately after the first checkpoint. Rather than jumping onto the floating platform and falling down the shaft as usual, hop up onto the guardrail of the ledge the player is on, and hover across to the door on the other side. Blow up the Iron containers behind it, and the player will see an ancient shrine straight ahead. Play the Mystic Melody near the shrine, then leave this room and finish the rest of Eggman's section as usual.
In Rouge's section, There is a tunnel on the left of where Rouge's fall, this tunnel has been opened by Eggman's Mystic Melody, Run to the end of the tunnel to find another Ancient Shrine. Play the Mystic Melody again, and then complete this section as normal. At the beginning of Knuckles' section, a few new platforms will have appeared if the player has played the Melody in Rouge's section. Follow the platforms up to a pulley and the player will be taken to another shrine. Play the Mystic Melody and finish the section.
Finally, proceed to Sonic's section as usual until the water way. When the player get to the peak, the player sees a row of rings has appeared. Light Dash across them while pushing up on the control stick, and the player will land on a platform with two enemies and a door. When the player destroys the enemies, the door opens and the lost chao is waiting on the other side.
Reach the goal within 7:00
If the player does not waste any time messing around with enemies or unnecessary rings, completion of this stage is possible in less than six minutes. To score an A Rank, blast lots of enemies while the player is moving with Tails and Doctor Eggman.
Clear Hard mode
Aside from the typical increase in enemies, the player will notice the almost every single trap has been slightly modified. Often, time switches have moved or even disappeared. Keep your eyes open, and by this point in the game the player should be able to get through anything.
Big the Cat sightings
|1||In Tails' section, after the platform ride down, Big is hanging onto the wall to the right of (and below) the door up ahead.|
|2||In Eggman's section, go down the long drop with lasers. At the bottom there will be some Time Stop Switches on the wall, and Big is sitting above the switch on the left fishing.|
|3||In Rouge's section, Big is found jumping close to where Knuckles starts, by climbing up to the top of the accessible level and looking further up.|
|4||In Knuckles' section, descend through the laser-filled room. Look ahead at the next tunnel, then turn right. Big can be seen behind the right wall, close to floor level.|
|5||In Sonic's section, play to the start of the long slide. Go backwards and hit the last Time Stop Switch on the left, then look forward and left. Big will be sitting on a pillar out in the open.|
Chao Container locations
- After going through the door that follows the first point marker in Eggman's section, the player encounters a large gap with a platform in the middle and a door on the other side. The first box is behind the door. But to reach it, the player must jump atop the guardrail in front of the player and hover over.
- The second box is in the far left-behind corner of the room where Rouge activated the switch that is used to expose the giant red button.
- Upon lading from the handrail in Sonic's section, turn and walk toward the screen. Find the third Chao box on the little ledge to the player's left.
- Throughout the level, Eggman relays commands to the playable characters on how to access the core, with the exception of Eggman's segment of the level (for obvious reasons), where Tails instead relays commands to Eggman.
- If the player does certain actions in the stage during each section, it's possible to permanently freeze the clock for the entire duration of the stage (without having to use the freeze switches) on Rouge, Knuckles, and Sonic's sections, which is most likely a glitch.
- On the Dreamcast version of the game, Dr. Eggman will fall through the floor at the start of his section of Cannon's Core if the game is running on a copied disk.
Differences between Dreamcast and GameCube version
- In the GameCube version, the laser grid in the room that Knuckles must dive down into has changed its pattern. Also, a Shield is added in the center of the grid to make the descent slightly safer.
- In Sonic's portion, an Artificial Chaos that breaks apart is added right above the second time switch that sits behind the small laser grid in the room that is behind the locked door.