|This character exists primarily or exclusively within the Pre-Super Genesis Wave continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
Captain Whisker is a character that appears in the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series and its spin-offs published by Archie Comics. He was a robot pirate, the leader of a pirate crew under the employ of Dr. Eggman Nega and a native to the Sol Zone.
Whisker and his crew were employed by Nega to steal the Chaos Emerald from Sonic the Hedgehog, Tails and Marine the Raccoon, which Whisker's top agent Johnny did successfully. The trio later met up with Blaze the Cat and tracked the villains down and confronted them. What happened next remains unknown, but according to Marine she "went all crazy on them and saved the day!" Nega and the pirates may have also been connected to the disappearance of Blaze's Sol Emeralds that led to her meeting with Sonic.
Powers and abilities
Whisker possesses an incredibly durable and heavy chassis, essentially making his entire body a living cannonball.
- In Sonic Universe #1, Captain Whisker is mistakenly called Whiskers.
- The fact that Blaze thought Whisker might still be a threat to her people in Sonic Universe #1 indicates that he survived his defeat in Sonic Rush Adventure Writer Ian Flynn has also said that he doesn't "recall it being implied he was destroyed at the end of Sonic Rush Adventure, so I'm assuming he's still active."
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #180, "High Stakes on the High Seas"
- ↑ Sonic Universe #1, "Living Weapons"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #160, "Sonic Rush Part One of Two"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #161, "Sonic Rush Part Two of Two"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog: The Complete Sonic Comic Encyclopedia, "Blaze the Cat & Her World."
- ↑ Ian Flynn (6 March 2009). Ask Ian for FEB'09 - Novelty Answer Month - Finis~. BumbleKing Comics. Archived from the original on 2 November 2015.