|This location exists primarily or exclusively within the Pre-Super Genesis Wave continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
Cavem Canus, also known as Dingo City, is a location that appears in the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series and its spin-offs published by Archie Comics. It was the main Dingo city on Angel Island.
After Echidnaopolis was taken over by the forged alliance between the Eggman Empire and the Dingo Regime made by Kage Von Stryker, Cavem Canus was erected over top of its ruins. The city featured numerous concentration camps where Echidnas were enslaved and forced to endure grueling labor and torture, and in many cases death. When learning of the takeover (and that his father was captured there), Knuckles set out to Cavem Canus with Sonic and the Chaotix to rescue the echidnas and stop the takeover. After saving the echidnas, the Freedom Fighters and the Chaotix left the war-torn Cavem Canus while the evacuees were transported to Albion.
- The name Cavem Canus was probably derived from the Latin phrase cave canem, meaning "beware of the dog".
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Sonic the Hedgehog #181, "Energjak: Reborn Chapter One: Rising Evil"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog: The Complete Sonic Comic Encyclopedia, "Angel Island"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #138, "Return to Angel Island Part 1: The Message"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #139, "Return to Angel Island Part 2: Avatar"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #140, "Return to Angel Island Part 3: How Many Echidnas Does It Take to Protect a Master Emerald?"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #141, "Return to Angel Island Part 4: Ultimate Hero"