Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Chao hats are items of headwear that can be worn by Chao in the Chao Garden. These hats only appear in Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut and Sonic Adventure 2: Battle. Most Chao hats are available at the Black Market, though a few can be obtained through other methods.
Hats obtained from the Chao Garden
- Skull hat: A skull that can be dug up from the Dark Garden.
- Pumpkin hat: A carved pumpkin that can be dug up from the Neutral/Hero Garden.
- Chao Egg hat: One half of an eggshell, left behind by a newly-hatched Chao.
Hats available at the Black Market
- Apple hat: An apple with eye holes cut out.
- Watermelon hat: A watermelon with a happy face carved into it.
- Box hat: A cardboard box.
- Wool hat: A hat made of wool, available in three colors: black with gray stripes, blue with turquoise stripes and red with yellow stripes.
- Can hat: An empty fruit can.
- Pot hat: A reddish-brown flower pot.
- Bag hat: A brown grocery bag.
- Bucket hat: A gray, worn-out bucket.
- If a Chao trips, or if it is thrown, its hat may randomly fall off. On rare occasions, however, hitting the Chao may not cause the hat to come off.
- Due to graphical issues, an object that was intended to function as a Chao hat (the pacifier) was left out of the games.
- A Chao's appearance can also be modified by giving it a skeleton dog.