Sir Lancelot using Chaos Blast
A powerful explosion of Chaos Energy
Chaos Blast (カオスブラスト Kaosu Burasuto?) is a Chaos Power and a variation of Chaos Control that so far only Shadow the Hedgehog and Sir Lancelot has been seen using. It is literally a great explosion of Chaos Energy that damages anything and anyone caught within its radius.
Shadow the HedgehogEdit
This move was introduced in Shadow the Hedgehog (game). In this game, Shadow can only perform Chaos Blast when in his Dark Shadow form, which he can only enter by filling up his Dark gauge by committing any acts of evil. When used, Shadow unleashes a massive shockwave that destroys everything within 20 meters and makes any enemies that it comes in contact with lose a significant amount of health. In the level Egg Dealer, if Shadow lined up three Shadow icons, he would activate Shadow Fever and instantly charge Chaos Blast. The Chaos Blasts can also be used in succession to gain altitude, though normal gameplay only allows for three unless there are larger amounts of enemies nearby that are killed by the Chaos Blast to increase the Dark gauge more.
Sonic the Hedgehog (2006)Edit
In Sonic the Hedgehog (2006), Shadow can use the Chaos Blast when he activates the Chaos Boost Level 3. In this game, the Chaos Blast is a small blast of red energy in the immediate 1 yard area around the user. It does not work unless you are very close to the enemy, and is no stronger than a regular homing attack.
Sonic Chronicles: The Dark BrotherhoodEdit
Shadow can also use this move in Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood. In this game, it is a straight beam of energy shot from Shadow's palms that can deal Blast damage and have a chance of leaving the foe weakened.
- 6 PP
- Chaos Blast I: 150% of Attack damage
- Chaos Blast II: 160% of Attack damage
- Chaos Blast III: 170% of Attack damage
- Chaos Blast I: Blast, Weakened I (20% chance)
- Chaos Blast II: Blast, Weakened I (30% chance)
- Chaos Blast III: Blast, Weakened I (40% chance)
Sonic and the Black KnightEdit
In Sonic and the Black Knight, Sir Lancelot possesses an exclusive Skill, named Knight of Chaos, that allows him to perform the Chaos Blast. During the second battle with Sir Lancelot, he is shown using it as a shield after it goes outwards a few yards. Sir Lancelot is also shown using the Chaos Blast as a part of his Chaos Punishment technique, when having acquired the sword Ddraig Goch, which changes his attack to the Chaos Blast.
Sonic & All-Stars Racing TransformedEdit
In Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, Chaos Blast is utilized as Shadow's All-Star Move, replacing Super Shadow from the prequel Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing. It appears as a short, charged shockwave of red energy that evaporates in a few seconds, but will inflict damage to any racer or obstacle caught in the vicinity of the blast or its remaining flares. Chaos Blast can be used consecutively, but will require charging before it can be used additionally. Once the All-Star Move ceases, Shadow will be unable to use Chaos Blast again until he obtains another All-Star Move from an item box.
- The Chaos Blast from Sonic and the Black Knight is also known as the "Aura Bubble" as it is more of a bubble than an explosion.
- In Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood, Chaos Blast is depicted as a beam of Chaos Energy instead of a shock wave.
- Interestingly, in Sonic and the Black Knight, when Sonic hits Sir Lancelot using Soul Surge in the mission Lancelot's Return, Lancelot glows red and, after a few hits, will perform a Chaos Blast, meaning that he might be charging up to perform this attack while he was being hit.
- In Sonic and the Black Knight, Amy has a similar move called Rose Typhoon which is a giant pink energy sphere. It is unknown what this sphere is made of.