Shadow firing a Chaos Spear in Sonic '06
A lightning bolt made of raw Chaos Energy
Sonic Adventure 2Edit
In Sonic Adventure 2, during the final battle between Sonic and Shadow, if the opponent is Shadow, then he will launch the Chaos Spear at Sonic if Sonic is too far behind on the runway. In the multiplayer "Race Mode", after Shadow gets 40 rings, he can use the Chaos Spear to impede his opponent. Also, in the Dreamcast version, Metal Sonic can also use Chaos Spear in the multiplayer mode.
Shadow the HedgehogEdit
In Shadow the Hedgehog, the Chaos Spear can only be used in the final boss battle against Devil Doom. In this iteration, Super Shadow can charge up Chaos Energy into a spear-shaped lightning bolt in order to wound Devil Doom. If it is released before being charged to its peak, Shadow unleashes smaller blue lightning bolts. Despite being somewhat weaker and can only cause minor injuries on Devil Doom, they have the advantage of a faster rate of fire and are good to destroy debris and pop balloons containing rings.
Sonic the Hedgehog (2006)EditIn Sonic the Hedgehog (2006), by pressing A, X (Xbox 360), or X, Square (PS3), Shadow can shoot a Chaos Spear which is capable of paralyzing opponents, and can be charged by holding the buttons down. The technique can be upgraded when Shadow activates the Chaos Boost Level 2 and above, which upgrades the Chaos Spear into the Chaos Lance which can cause explosive damage. Another version of the Chaos Spear also appears during the battle with Solaris called the Spear of Light.
Sonic Chronicles: The Dark BrotherhoodEdit
In Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood, it is the same as the one in Sonic the Hedgehog (2006), as a mini-lightning bolt. Instead of firing them as lightning bolts, however, Shadow grabs them as if they were real spears and throws them at the opponent. In the game, the Chaos Spear can pierce enemies' armor.
- 4 PP
- Chaos Spear I: 2x 100% of Attack damage
- Chaos Spear II: 2x 125% of Attack damage
- Chaos Spear III: 2x 150% of Attack damage
- Armor Piercing
Sonic and the Black KnightEdit
In Sonic and the Black Knight, Sir Lancelot (who is a counterpart of Shadow), with his swords Aduro Cutlass, Aduro Khopesh, Precieuse, Espadon, and Ddraig Goch, can launch mini arrows of energy that resemble a Chaos Spear by swinging the sword. Also, when fighting Sir Lancelot as a boss character, he will fire several of these arrows when he gets too far away.
Sonic & SEGA All-Stars RacingEdit
In Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing, Shadow will use Chaos Spear during his All-Star move. Shadow will transform into Super Shadow and fly along the track, if you press the ITEM button Super Shadow will launch Chaos Spears on the track that will explode once it hits the ground. The explosion has a blast radius that will take out other racers as long as they're in range.
In Sonic Generations, Shadow uses Chaos Spear several times in the Final Rush race/battle against Sonic. Shadow performs Chaos Spear when Sonic falls too far behind, Shadow also performs Chaos Spear during his special attack after gaining two Power Cores, Shadow launches several Chaos Spears onto the ground that Sonic must avoid by using Quick Step. Afterwards, Shadow performs a larger Chaos Spear, launching it directly at Sonic, one that also can be avoided using Quick Step.
The Chaos Spear has been used repeatedly in Sonic X to great effect, often allowing Shadow to brush aside powerful, and occasionally physically stronger, opponents with ease. Using it, he fought off numerous ships, punched holes in the Blue Typhoon and been able to tear the leg off of the X-Tornado, all with minimal effort. In another episode of the series, Super Sonic uses what appeared to be yellow energy bolts, an ability which could possibly be a derivative of Chaos Spear, to strike down a group of Metarex soldiers before engaging in combat with Super Shadow; though it's not confirmed if this truly was Chaos Spear or not, as Sonic never said a word while doing this attack, however, later in the series, Shadow doesn't say a word when performing the move.
- Chaos Spear has changed over the years. First it was a yellow lightning arrow that damages in Sonic Adventure 2, then in Shadow the Hedgehog, it was a light blue oval that damages, and in Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) it was a white/blue bolt of electricity that stuns. In Sonic Universe, it was a green lightning bolt-like spear. In Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood, when you used Chaos Spear, they looked like purple lightning spears. Finally, in Sonic and the Black Knight, it was a small red arrow that damages.
- In Shadow the Hedgehog, the Chaos Spear can be only launched when Shadow is in his Super State but it can be charged for greater power.
- Also in Shadow the Hedgehog, the Shadow Rifle weapon which is unlocked by beating the Last Story fires shots that resemble chaos spears in this game, they also one shot most enemies.
- In Sonic Adventure 2 and Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, Shadow announces the Chaos Spear by shouting "Disappear!"
- In Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing, the Chaos Spear has displayed the ability to explode, a trait absent in the past games in which Shadow used Chaos Spear
- In Sonic Generations, Shadow will shout out "Chaos Control!" when using the powered up Chaos Spear.