|This exists primarily or exclusively within the Pre-Super Genesis Wave continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
Chaos energy is a mystical energy derived from the Chaos Force - the all-encompassing energy of the universe. Such energy can only be accessed by individuals and objects with a connection to the Chaos Force, such as the Brotherhood of Guardians, Dr. Finitevus or the Chaos Emeralds.
Chaos energy can be used for a number of applications, from being able to power machinery to reshaping reality itself. Through harnessing Chaos energy, individuals can utilize unique abilities, such as Chaos Control or Thunder Arrow. Chaos energy can also be used by an elite few to transform into unique states known as "Super Forms". These transformations greatly increase the innate powers of the individual and also provide them with new abilities, the most common of which are flight and invulnerability.
Raw Chaos energy in its purest form appears to have a yellow-green color, as common users such as Knuckles and Shadow often showcase this color when using basic techniques. Despite this, Chaos energy can be in various colors depending on the user and the technique being used.
Certain methods are available to those who can utilize Chaos energy that allows them to access greater amounts of it, such as Tikal's Prayer or, in the case of Shadow, removing his Inhibitor Rings.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Sonic the Hedgehog #182, "Fallen Angel"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Sonic the Hedgehog: The Complete Sonic Comic Encyclopedia, "Chaos Emeralds & Power Rings"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #159, "System Reboot"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #182, "Albion's Shameful Secret"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #251, "When Worlds Collide Finale: Best of the Best"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #225, "One Step Forward..."
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 Sonic Universe #12, "Echoes of the Past Part Four"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog: The Complete Sonic Comic Encyclopedia, "Super Forms"