|This group exists primarily or exclusively within the Post-Super Genesis Wave continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
The Chaotix, also referred to as Team Chaotix, is a group that appears in the Sonic the Hedgehog and its spin-off comic series' published by Archie Comics. It is a trio of anthropomorphic animals who work as detectives for hire.
As a group, the Chaotix have been on a number of adventures together, which include facing the monstrous Metal Overlord and meeting Mighty the Armadillo and Ray the Flying Squirrel. They are also frequent allies of Knuckles the Echidna, having first worked with him to battle Dr. Eggman alongside Mighty.
When the Black Arms descended upon Sonic's World, the Chaotix worked with most of their friends and G.U.N.'s forces to repel the invasion of the planet. After finding top secret military information disks, the Chaotix eventually boarded the Space Colony ARK, where they raced to hack the data disks. After finally getting inside, Charmy activated a film showing a sane Gerald Robotnik, who told Shadow that he was the only one who could save the planet from the Black Arms and how to do it, giving Shadow the inspiration he needed to overcome Black Doom.
- Note: Due to the Genesis Wave, the Chaotix's history from this point were changed to be nearly identical to that of its game counterpart's.
After the world had once again been reset by Dr. Eggman's second Genesis Wave, the Chaotix aided Sonic in searching for Tails, Amy and Knuckles, who had all recently vanished, when they where apprehended by Copy Robot and captured to be turned into Roboticized Masters by Dr. Eggman and his new partner Dr. Wily.
Now under the control of the two doctors as the Roboticized Masters Vector Man, Espio Man and Charmy Man, the trio were sent to destroy Sonic and Tails, along with their new friends Mega Man and Proto Man in the Skull Egg Zone. However, the combined efforts of Sonic, Mega Man, and Tails found the trio restored to normal, and in gratitude they set out to assist Proto Man in his efforts to save Dr. Light.
Once the rest of Sonic's friends had been saved, the Chaotix took part in the final battle against the horde of time-cloned Robot Masters below the Wily Egg. The battle raged on until the launch of the Super Genesis Wave, which restored the Chaotix's world into a unstable state after Super Sonic's attempt to reverse the wave was met with interference by Eggman.
Shattered World Crisis
- Note: From the readers point of view, this picks up from where the Chaotix's original timeline ended.
After the beginning of the Shattered World Crisis, the trio were hired by Princess Sally to search for the Chaos Emeralds, which where vital in restoring the world to normal. Their assignment took them to the Pumpkin Hill Zone, where they aided Knuckles in fighting off a force of Dark Gaia Creatures. Afterwards, Knuckles agreed to aid the them in search for an Emerald that was in the area. Unfortunately, they soon ran afoul of mercenaries hired by Dr. Eggman for the same mission: the Hooligans. After a brief battle that ended when both sides realized that neither had the Chaos Emerald both had detected in the area, the Chaotix and Knuckles entered Aquatic Mine Zone, where they found the gemstone and Light Gaia. Another encounter with the Hooligans and the monstrous Dark Gaia Titan nearly resulted in catastrophe, but the Chaotix succeeded in reclaiming the Emerald and fooling their competition. At Knuckles' suggestion, they gave him the Chaos Emerald for safe-keeping and continued on their mission.
- ↑ Sonic Universe #66, introduction page
- ↑ Knuckles' Chaotix
- ↑ Sonic Heroes
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Sonic Universe #63, "The Great Chaos Caper Part One: On the Hunt"
- ↑ Shadow the Hedgehog
- ↑ Sonic Universe #51, "When Worlds Collide Part Two: Mistaken Identities"
- ↑ Sonic Universe #52, "When Worlds Collide Part Five: The Advance Guard"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #249, "When Worlds Collide Part Six: Friends or Foes"
- ↑ Sonic Universe #53, "When Worlds Collide Part Eight: Liberation"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #250, "When Worlds Collide Part Nine: All-Out War!"
- ↑ Mega Man #27, "When Worlds Collide Part Ten: No Holds Barred"
- ↑ Sonic Universe #54, "When Worlds Collide Part Eleven: Worst of the Worst"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #251, "When Worlds Collide Finale: Best of the Best"
- ↑ Sonic Universe #64, "The Great Chaos Caper Part Two: The Usual Suspects"
- ↑ Sonic Universe #65, "The Great Chaos Caper Part Three: Chip of the Ol' Emerald!"
- ↑ Sonic Universe #66, "The Great Chaos Caper Part Four: Water Way To Go!"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #268, "Champions Part One: The Gang's All Here"