Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|This character exists primarily or exclusively within the Sonic Boom continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
The Child Monkey is a humanoid monkey slightly taller than the Walrus Child. He has light brown fur with brown spots on his head, orange eyes, and tan skin around his mouth and eyes, on his belly and inside his ears. He also has a slightly small torso, a long tail, a flat nose, and a large round head with round ears. For attire, he wears white gloves, green wrist bands, a red one strap backpack, large baggy green socks, and reddish grey shoes with red soles.
In the Archie Comics, the Child Monkey has a slightly different color scheme. Here, he has black/blue eyes, blue and white shoes, white socks, and a blue and yellow backpack.
While in the Village Center, the Child Monkey got attacked by Anti-fire Bot until Team Sonic beat the robot. In the period that followed, the Child Monkey would go to Meh Burger a few times, drop by the Village Center where he one time saw Orbot and Cubot put on a terrible street act, and visit T.W. Barker's Circus of Wonders for a show.
As the Child Monkey was having candy with the Walrus Child, Dr. Eggman would fry their treats, and the pair took turns laughing at each other's misfortune. He also went to see a large ball of twine where he was saved from a rockslide by Sonic. When out during the night, the Child Monkey came under attack by Eggman and his Moth Bot which Team Sonic took down. Later on, the Child Monkey was stopped from trying some tomato sauce Eggman was selling by Sonic, who thought the sauce was tainted, until Eggman disproved him. As the Child Monkey carried on with his business though, Eggman did turn out to be up to no good.
Following a visit at Meh Burger, the Child Monkey and the villagers got attacked by rampaging Eggman robots deployed by the Lightning Bolt Society, until Team Sonic and Eggman stopped the attack. The Child Monkey later sought a place to eat when he got involved in the Battle of the Buns between Chez Amy and Meh Burger. Over the next period, he regularly switched between these establishments, depending on their gimmicks, before settling at Chez Amy until Eggman destroyed it. Eventually, the Child Monkey met Swifty the Shrew and was enthralled by his hipness. As such, he rooted for Shifty in his race against Sonic, who lost and got banished from the Village as stated by the rules. No sooner though, the Child Monkey was betrayed by Swifty when was revealed to be Eggman's robot agent. However, the Child Monkey and the villagers were saved from Eggman's Swifty army by Sonic when he returned. The Child Monkey subsequently made his way to Sticks' Burrow for a yard sale, where he purchased a comic.
While Knuckles served as deputy mayor, the Child Monkey visited him several times to have bills approved. However, he soon saw the village fall into chaos from Knuckles' abuse of power. The Child Monkey later got involved in a scene Eggman was shooting for a movie, where he escaped Obliterator Bot with the Old Monkey. A few days later, he came to said movie's premiere at Eggman's lair which was a failure on Eggman's behalf when the movie failed to enslave the audience with hypnotism. The Child Monkey was thus sent away with the rest.
Upon hearing that Sonic had called Mike the Ox "just a guy", the Child Monkey believed Sonic to be insensitive and reprimand him alongside fellow-minded villagers until he retired. As the Lightning Bolt Society began harassing the villagers though, the Child Monkey's attempts to get Sonic's help failed. When the Child Monkey got caught in a sheep stampede started by the Lightning Bolts though, he was saved by Sonic, who then handled the Lightning Bolts, the sheep and an Eggman attack, making the Child Monkey realize he was wrong about Sonic. No sooner though, he was insulted by Willy Walrus. Another time in the Village, the Child Monkey saw Dave the Intern's sad attempt to use Octopus Bot for an attack on Sonic. With the arrival of New Year's Eve, the Child Monkey attended the party in the Village Center. Amidst this, Eggman used his Slow Motion Machine to slow down time long enough for him to beat Sonic in something before New Year, though the Child Monkey did not see Eggman's victory as it occurred too fast for him to notice it.
Witnessing Eggman's trouble at the post office, the Child Monkey fled as the doctor summoned Decimator Bot. He soon after had a laugh when he saw Tails dance in the Village Center, but fled as Eggman's forces began an attack. The Child Monkey later went to see Bro-Down Showdown live in the Village Center, but ran to safety when Obliterator Bot attacked the Village. Coming to Comedy Chimp's autograph signing afterwards, the Child Monkey and the Walrus Child were unimpressed by Comedy Chimp's outdated headshots. As Knuckles' later became a celebrity for his trash can trend, the Child Monkey would adore Knuckles and pick up his trend himself during Knuckles' time of fame. The Child Monkey later joined a tour to Eggman's lair where he saw Sonic being accused of thievery, much to his shock.
At the Robot Battle Royale arrived, the Child Monkey participated and easily overcame Knuckles' Vacuu-Fan 2000, but lost to Tails' Hypno-bot. Resuming his visits to Meh Burger, the Child Monkey would soon attend Puppy Con, where he saw Dave the Intern being arrested for causing a rockslide which Eggman had framed him for. He would soon after attend Meh Burger again.
Eventually, the Child Monkey and the villagers were attacked by Eggman's new Obliterator Bot. Fortunately, Team Sonic beat it, and the Child Monkey hailed the heroes as they got the Greatest Role Model of All Time Award. He and the Walrus Child later saw the team fight Eggman again, but D.B. Platypus limited their options to have them appear as good role models for the Child Monkey (which he did not agree with). Fortunately, the Child Monkey was taken somewhere else by Sticks so Team Sonic could fight back. Afterwards, he came to watch A Rose Without Thorns, a play put on by Team Sonic. Though the Child Monkey enjoyed the play, a storm broke out after the finale, and he took Sonic's offer to seek shelter in Amy's House. On his next trip to the Village Center, the Child Monkey saw Knuckles and the new villain Charlie duke it out, with Knuckles emerging victorious. When the Child Monkey and the Walrus Child later visited the Ice Cream Vendor, T.W. Barker attacked with Octopus Bot, making them run to safety.
A fan of Tommy Thunder, the Child Monkey came to the movie star's latest movie promotion. Although he fled when Eggman attacked, he returned to hail Team Sonic's victory over Eggman. The Child Monkey also showed up to hail Tommy after he "beat" Obliterator Bot. After watching the opening of the new scissor factory, the Child Monkey would come to see Sticks' interviews after she got a popular TV news gig. As Sticks admitted she had sold herself out to the media though, the Child Monkey was inspired by the repentant Sticks to "fight the power." He and the villagers thus began a random revolt before getting calmed and directed into destroying Eggman's latest device when he showed it.
The Child Monkey was among the villagers attending Dr. Eggman's Eggtoberfest. As the Child Monkey participated in the carnival however, Eggman grew vengeful over the villagers' dislike of him and set his army loose on them, which Team Sonic then stopped.
While not mean, the Child Monkey displays a childish sense of mischievousness, deriving pleasure and amusement from others' minor misfortunes by laughing openly at them. He is also perceptive, as he easily recognized that Team Sonic was letting themselves lose in their attempt to be better role models for him. Incidentally, the Child Monkey can be very critical and skeptic, like when he thought Comedy Chimp's headshot was not of Comedy Chimp himself due to how misrepresentative it was, and has shown a snarky attitude.
- The Child Monkey wears the same backpack as the Walrus Child.
- During certain scenes in "Blue With Envy" and "New Year's Retribution", the Child Monkey's model is duplicated.
- ↑ Bill Freiberger on Twitter. Twitter (18 December 2015). Retrieved on 18 December 2015. “Zack Dias: What the real name of the monkey child? / Bill Freiberger: We refer to him in scripts as Child Monkey.”
- ↑ Trueheart, Eric (15 November 2014). "Buster". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 4. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Banker, Mark; Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (29 November 2014). "Double Doomsday". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 7. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Banker, Mark; Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (7 February 2015). "Circus of Plunders". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 12. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (28 February 2015). "Aim Low". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 15. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (14 March 2015). "Don't Judge Me". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 17. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (21 March 2015). "Dr. Eggman's Tomato Sauce". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 18. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Gutierrez, Freddie (2 May 2015). "Late Fees". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 24. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reed (16 May 2015). "Eggman Unplugged". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 26. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (13 July 2015). "Chez Amy". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 27. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Lieblich, Doug (14 July 2015). "Blue With Envy". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 28. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Trueheart, Eric (17 July 2015). "Closed Door Policy". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 31. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (20 July 2015). "Mayor Knuckles". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 32. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Freiberger, Sam (21 July 2015). "Eggman the Auteur". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 33. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (22 July 2015). "Just a Guy". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 34. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (1 August 2015). "Next Top Villain". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 37. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (8 August 2015). "New Year's Retribution". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 38. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (22 August 2015). "Tails' Crush". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 40. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Moarbes, Charles-Henri (29 August 2015). "Bro-Down Showdown". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 41. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 20.0 20.1 Harrison, Reid (5 September 2015). "Late Night Wars". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 42. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (19 September 2015). "It Wasn't Me, It Was the One-Armed Hedgehog". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 44. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Van Liemt, Romain; Grenier, Benoit (26 September 2015). "Robot Battle Royale". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 45. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (10 October 2015). "Fuzzy Puppy Buddies". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 47. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (17 October 2015). "Designated Heroes". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 48. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 25.0 25.1 Harisson, Reid (24 October 2015). "Role Models". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 49. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (31 October 2015). "Cabin Fever". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 50. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Grenier, Benoit (7 November 2015). "Counter Productive". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 51. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (14 November 2015). "It Takes a Village to Defeat a Hedgehog". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 52. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (29 October 2016). "Tommy Thunder: Method Actor". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 53. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Freiberger, Sam (26 November 2016). "Nutwork". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 55. Boomerang.
- ↑ Sonic Boom #5, "Eggtoberfest!"