|This object exists primarily within the Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
The chili dog is an object that appears in the Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog television series. It is a popular food product consumed on Mobius, which is made and sold by several parties. It is perhaps best known as the favorite food of Sonic the Hedgehog.
As the name suggests, the chili dog is a generic name for a hot dog served in a bun and topped with some sort of meat sauce and a spicy substance known as chili. Extra topping can include onions and cheese.
Chili dogs are a widespread food product that is served around all around Mobius, from the smallest local diners to the finest chefs in distant outposts. Sonic the Hedgehog and Tails particularly enjoy chili dogs, having eaten almost nothing else during their travels. The city of Wienerville is especially known for making the best chili dogs on the planet.
Chili dogs are also sold in a dehydrated, powder-like state. When water is added to this, it becomes a plate of chili dogs. Such chili dogs are made in an instant food factory which produce other foods in dehydrated powdered states.
- The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog television series was the first Sonic-related media to establish Sonic the Hedgehog's fondness for chili dogs which would become something of a staple in Sonic's characterization in western territories. In the years since then, the chili dog has been established as Sonic's favorite food in just about every Sonic-related spin-off continuity, including the games themselves.
- It has been hinted that a chili dog cost less than five Mobiums. However, Sonic says that the price is too high in this case.
- Tails' favorite food is chili dogs, like Sonic, but prefers his with extra cheese.
- In the Sonic Says segment of "Too Tall Tails", Sonic mentions that he likes eating chili dogs but he also likes eating healthy as well. Ironically, bread and meat are used in preparing chili dogs, but it is processed.
- ↑ Askin, Robert (16 September 1993). "Subterranean Sonic". Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog. Season 1. Episode 2. First-run syndication.
- ↑ O'Flaherty, Dennis (1 November 1993). "Untouchable Sonic". Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog. Season 1. Episode 44. First-run syndication.
- ↑ Shelly, Bruce; Shelly, Reed (3 December 1993). "Lovesick Sonic". Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog. Season 1. Episode 3. First-run syndication.
- ↑ Goren, Rowby (5 October 1993). "Too Tall Tails". Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog. Season 1. Episode 15. First-run syndication.
- ↑ Bressack, Gordon (5 October 1993). "Musta Been a Beautiful Baby". Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog. Season 1. Episode 28. First-run syndication.
- ↑ O'Flaherty, Dennis (21 September 1993). "Blank-Headed Eagle". Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog. Season 1. Episode 18. First-run syndication.