|This article is about a subject in the real world.|
Information in this article is about real-life people, companies, and objects, and does not relate to the in-universe Sonic series.
Christian Whitehead, professionally known as The Taxman, is an independent game developer who lives in Melbourne, Australia. He is known to be working with Sega and Headcannon to remake and enhance the original Sonic the Hedgehog games from Genesis/Mega Drive since 2011.
Christian Whitehead has been a longtime and well-known user on Sonic Retro, where he has been creating several fan games, the most known being Retro Sonic. In 2009, Whitehead recorded video about concept demo for Sonic the Hedgehog CD, that is running on Whitehead's own game engine called Retro Engine. In the concept video, the game has been played on the iPod Touch. In July of the same year, he contacted Sega to tell about his re-release plans.
In August 2011, Christian Whitehead confirmed the re-release of Sonic the Hedgehog CD, powered by his Retro Engine. The port was successful, as in March 2013 the Windows Phone version of the re-release has won the Game of the Year category of the Pocket Gamer Awards. The original Sonic the Hedgehog has also been re-released in 2013 and being powered by Retro Engine with Christian Whitehead behind the re-release. It is also revealed that, a re-release of Sonic the Hedgehog 2 is also known to be planned in the future. In 21 October Sonic the Hedgehog 2 was announced to be re-released on 12 December for iOS and Android in 2013. During San Diego Comic-Con in 2016, Christian Whitehead, along with Headcanon and PagodaWest Games, announced the development of a new Sonic game titled Sonic Mania, which is set to be released in spring 2017.
Sonic the Hedgehog games
- Sonic the Hedgehog CD - 2011 re-release for multiple platforms.
- Sonic the Hedgehog - 2013 re-release for iOS and Android.
- Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - 2013 re-release for iOS and Android.
- Sonic Mania - 2017 game for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC
- ↑ http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=EJa-4tMqVNc
- ↑ http://www.sonicstadium.org/2011/08/christian-whitehead-confirms-sonic-cd-port-involvement-sega-gives-more-details/
- ↑ http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/pgawards2013.asp
- ↑ http://segabits.com/blog/2013/03/26/sonic-the-hedgehog-remastered-releasing-to-ios-and-android-in-spring-2013/
- ↑ http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/04/09/gdc-2013-sega-announces-the-original-sonic-the-hedgehog-for-android-coming-in-april-for-2-99/
- ↑ http://toucharcade.com/2013/10/21/sega-announce-winter-release-lineup-headlined-by-sonic-the-hedgehog-2-remastered/
- ↑ Goldfarb, Andrew (23 July 2016). Comic-Con 2016: Sonic Mania Announced. IGN. Retrieved on 23 July 2016.