|This character exists primarily or exclusively within the Sonic X continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
- For other uses of the term, see Chuck.
in other media
|Also known as||
|Alignment and character traits|
|Skills, abilities and powers|
Chuck Thorndyke (チャック・ソーンダイク Chakku sōndaiku?) is a character the anime series Sonic X and its comic series published by Archie Comics. He is the paternal grandfather of Christopher Thorndyke. He is a scientist and inventor.
Much in the same way that Chris bonds with Sonic the Hedgehog during the latter's stay with the family, and the maid Ella bonds with Cream the Rabbit and Amy Rose, Chuck forms a close friendship with Tails, who shares his love of inventing and mechanics. It was partially thanks to Chuck that the X Tornado was made, as well as the rescue of Cream and Cheese in episode 2.
Chuck is good-humored and witty, but acts eccentric when overexcited. He is always helping Chris, Sonic and the gang out whenever they need help.
- Christopher Thorndyke (Beloved grandson)
- Nelson Thorndyke (Son)
- Linsey Thorndyke (Daughter in law)
- Sam Speed
- Mister Tanaka
- Sonic the Hedgehog
- Miles "Tails" Prower (Good friend and fellow inventor)
- Amy Rose
- Cream the Rabbit
- Vanilla the Rabbit
- He bears an uncanny resemblance to Christopher Lloyd's character Emmet "Doc" Brown from the Back to the Future trilogy and animated series spin-off.
- His name is quite possibly a reference to Sonic's uncle Charles Hedgehog (more commonly referred to as Uncle Chuck) from Sonic the Hedgehog television series, Sonic Underground, and the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series and its spin-off comics.
- Chuck was very young when his son, Nelson was born because Chuck is 61 in Series 2 and Nelson is 49 years old in Season 2. He could have been 12 years old.