|This article's subject exists primarily or exclusively within the Sonic Boom continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
We now return to the Comedy Chimp Show with your host, Comedy Chimp!
— Announcer, "Can an Evil Genius Crash on Your Couch for a Few Days?"
The Comedy Chimp Show is a late night talk show named after Comedy Chimp, which has apparently been on air for at least twenty years. The show focuses on the host talking with various guest stars while telling and performing various jokes and sketches which can be anything from ape-based puns to insults at prominent figures. While Knuckles the Echidna worked as the host, the show focused more on slapstick comedy, but went back to its roots when Comedy Chimp returned.
- Comedy Chimp (host)
- Comedy Chimp Players
- Knuckles the Echidna (guest host, host; formerly)
- Kyle the Gorilla (actor)
- Mike the Ox (actor)
- Wild Cat (assistant)
- Wolf Sidekick (cohost)
During the events leading up to Sonic's trial against Dr. Eggman, Comedy Chimp would make jokes about Sonic on his show which incriminated Sonic for the case. In a special edition of the Comedy Chimp Show, live from Dr. Eggman's lair at noon, Comedy Chimp did an interview on his guest, Dr. Eggman, about his success with his tomato sauce. During the show, Eggman revealed his plans to conquer the Village with his robotic sauce cans and took control of the Comedy Chimp Show to present his own brand of entertainment until Team Sonic stopped him.
While the Comedy Chimp Show covered Knuckles' rise to fame, Comedy Chimp had to take a leave of absence and had Knuckles cover him. Though Knuckles struggled, his tomfoolery on the show was a hit. The network thus made Knuckles the new host and took the show in a new direction. As Eggman attacked the show though, orchestrated by Comedy Chimp to regain his job, Knuckles quit to rejoin Team Sonic. Comedy Chimp then retook his job, and, as a part of an agreement, allowed Eggman Industries to sponsor the show for the time being. Continuing on as normal, the Comedy Chimp Show would later cover Soar the Eagle and his new book, Counter Productive, inspiring a certain viewer.
When Dr. Eggman held his Eggtoberfest to buy the villagers' trust, the Comedy Chimp Show would make fun of the doctor's obvious attempt with Comedy Chimp at the helm, inadvertently provoking Eggman into attacking the villagers. The show later hired Kyle the Gorilla for its new "Slapstick Gorilla" sketches, where Kyle's natural clumsiness proved a hit with the audience.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Lieblich, Doug (8 November 2014). "Can an Evil Genius Crash on Your Couch for a Few Days?". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 2. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Harrison, Reid (14 March 2015). "Don't Judge Me". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 17. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (21 March 2015). "Dr. Eggman's Tomato Sauce". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 18. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Sonic Boom #5, "Eggtoberfest!"
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 5.5 5.6 5.7 5.8 Harrison, Reid (5 September 2015). "Late Night Wars". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 42. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Sonic Boom #11, "Eggman Gets a Gorilla"
- ↑ Bill Freiberger on Twitter. Twitter (5 September 2015). Retrieved on 6 September 2015. “Bill Freiberger: Comedy Chimp's cohost is named Wolf Sidekick. Comedy Chimp sometimes calls him Wolfie for short, but that's not his name.”
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Grenier, Benoit (7 November 2015). "Counter Productive". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 51. Cartoon Network.