|This event exists primarily or exclusively within the Pre-Super Genesis Wave continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
The Coming of the Chaos Emeralds is an event that appears in the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series and its spin-offs published by Archie Comics. It was an event which occurred nearly 10,000 years ago during prehistoric Mobian history, which resulted in the extinction of the Mobosaurs and the arrival of the green Chaos Emeralds on Mobius.
Coming of the Chaos Emeralds
The Chaos Emeralds arrival on Mobius happened roughly 11,950 years ago, during the Saurian Age in which Mobosaurs dominated the planet. Mysteriously, the sky turned green and the green colored Chaos Emeralds rained down on the planet. This resulted in bizarre weather changes which wiped out the Mobosaurs. However, three Mobosaurs, later known as the Ancient Walkers, managed to survive, having obtained Chaos Emeralds during their arrival on the planet and gained god-like powers, wisdom and insight from the emeralds.
Ages after the time of the Mobosaurs, the Mobian Mammoth Mogul discovered a Chaos Emerald. Somehow, the emerald became imbedded in his chest, granting him immortal life and a far greater intellect than his other Mobian counterparts. Mogul went on to create the Order of Ixis, a group of beings who mastered the Ixis Magicks and partially the Chaos Force and were loyal only to him. During their bid for world domination, the rapidly evolving Echidnas grew to act as a rival power. The clash of the two resulted in the Forgotten War, between the Order of Ixis and the Templar Knights of Aurora.
Since then, the Chaos Emeralds have been a source of power and a reason for conflict throughout Mobius. From the ascension of Angel Island, to the reign of Dr. Ivo Robotnik and his bid for world domination, to Mammoth Mogul's attempt at bringing about his world order. Recently, the Great Harmony caused by the Chosen One resulted in all of the Chaos Emeralds in the universe to be sent into the Zone of Silence.
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #148, "The Good, The Bad & The Unknown Part 3: Genesis"
- ↑ Tails #3, "Southern Crossover Part III"
- ↑ Sonic & Knuckles: Mecha Madness Special, "Don't Let the Island Hit You on the Way Down!"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #163, "The Darkest Storm Part Two: Onset of the Squall"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #35, "A Sense of History Part II"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #13, "This Island Hedgehog"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #56, "Immortality is forever... life is finite."
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #169, "Order From Chaos Part Two: The Great Harmony"