[Scene: Seaside Island, day]
- [Knuckles is stretching because he and Sonic are playing coconut hurl. Tails is talking into a pretend microphone made of a pinecone on a stick.]
- Tails: It all comes down to this final toss for the young echidna from Angel Island. He'll need a score of four to take the championship.
- [Knuckles grabs Sonic and starts swinging him around.]
- Tails: Can he do it? Can he score a four? The crowd is on their feet!
- Amy: Can you get on with it already?
- [Knuckles throws Sonic and knocks three coconuts out of the tree.]
- Tails: Denied! Three coconuts is not quite four.
- Sticks: Look!
- [A fourth coconut falls and hits Amy on the head.]
- Amy: Ow! [Sonic and Knuckles laugh]
- Tails: They've done it! They've achieved the impossible! The team of Knuckles and Sonic has bested the team of Sonic and Knuckles!
- Amy: Wait a minute. You were playing against yourselves?
- Knuckles: No! Weren't you listening? We beat Sonic and Knuckles. Ha! In your face, Sonic and Knuckles!