Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|This character exists primarily or exclusively within the Sonic Boom continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
The Crab Bot is a character that appears in the Sonic Boom franchise. It is a mass-produced, crab-based Badnik model created by Dr. Eggman which makes up a part of Eggman's foot soldiers. They are usually stationed at Dr. Eggman's lair where they guard Eggman's fortress and have been used against Team Sonic on numerous occasions.
The Crab Bots come in many different sizes, the largest which are at Sonic's size while others are only half that size. As per their template, the Crab Bots resemble typical crabs. They have a dome-shaped body that is covered by a red shell with stubby spikes on top, six knife-like red legs with silver edges, and a pair of red pinchers with yellow claws. Finally, they have an wide silver faceplate resembling a skull, with two mandibles and cyan eyes with slit-like pupils.
When Tails invaded Eggman's lair to free UT, some Crab Bots would corner him before he gave his services to Eggman in exchange for UT's freedom. More Crab Bots were later stomped when trying to stop Team Sonic's rescue of Tails. The Crab Bots later called in to stop Team Sonic from breaking Amy out of Eggman's lair, only to get destroyed and mess up the lair for Modern Lair Magazine. More Crab Bots were brought into battle against Sonic after Eggman turned Tails, Knuckles, Amy and Sticks evil, only for Eggman's new allies to be returned to normal shortly after.
Some Crab Bots were brought to a revenge attack against Sonic and Tails at Sonic's Shack by Eggman, only to quickly get trashed. When Eggman later held a surprise party for Orbot and Cubot, several Crab Bots joined in on the festivities until Eggman brought them to a close. A lone Crab Bot later joined in helping Eggman train his reflexes with a game of laser tag, during which it lost to the doctor. Sonic (while stuck in Eggman's body) later assumed command of the Crab Bots and the other Eggman robots for an attempt to recover his body from Eggman. Another time, a Crab Bot and other Badniks were called in to battle Sonic after Eggman got out of a depression.
When he failed to sue Sonic legally, Eggman brought in some Crab Bots to fight him and Team Sonic. For a fake mishap attack, some Crab Bots were sent by Eggman to battle Team Sonic and undermine the speed-inhibited Sonic for Eggman's latest plan. More Crab Bots would later come with Eggman to attack Team Sonic when a time loop occurred. Being the only one aware of this, Eggman kept re-coordinating the Crab Bots for his attack until they got it right, but abandoned that once he realized the time loop would undo his work.
Some time later, a Crab Bot came to see Orbot (who gave Crab Bot an advice) and Cubot off when the duo felt neglected by Eggman in favor of his new friend Nominatus. Not long after, the Crab Bots were taken over by Nominatus for the purpose of destroying all life forms. The computer virus sent several Crab Bots after Eggman and his lackeys who fled to Team Sonic, where the heroes held them off until Eggman's underlings beat Nominatus and stopped the Crab Bots. Another time, Eggman sent some Crab Bots and other robots after Sonic when he wanted personal payback at the hedgehog. The bots got trashed when Sonic's team came to the rescue however. The Crab Bots were later abandoned when Eggman gave up on technology. As the blundering Lightning Bolt Society took over Eggman's lair, the Crab Bots were sent on random attacks to the Village and around the lair until Team Sonic and Eggman retook the lair.
Multiple Crab Bots and other Badniks would be summoned by Eggman to kill Dave the Intern and destroy Chez Amy, but thanks to Team Sonic, they only accomplished the latter. Eggman also brought in his Crab Bots to force Monkey-Boy into his service. Team Sonic, however, would destroy all the Crab Bots. A number of Crab Bots were soon after summoned to the Mayor's Mansion by Eggman to find a form for his first law as ruler of the Village. Despite resistance from Knuckles, a Crab Bot found the form, only for Eggman to be stripped of his power. When Eggman finished his mind-enslavement movie, a number of Crab Bots attended its premiere, but when the movie ended up a failure, they were sent away by Eggman. Another time, Eggman brought some Crab Bots with him on an attack on Seaside Island, only for Team Sonic to destroy them in their track.
The Crab Bots tried later defending Eggman's lair from a Knuckles from another dimension, but failed miserably until Eggman caught him. Another time, several Crab Bots came with Eggman to the Valley of the Cubots to destroy the residential Cubot prototypes, only to be wiped out by their protectors, Sonic and Tails. The Crab Bots subsequently joined a mission Eggman sponsored to remove Knuckles as the host of the Comedy Chimp Show, as a part of a sponsor deal with Comedy Chimp (during which the Crab Bots advertised Eggman Industries). With Team Sonic standing guard though, the Crab Bots would retreat. Another time, the Crab Bots helped protect Hypno-bot which Eggman used to steal Tails' inventions. As the Crab Bots held off Team Sonic, Tails got Hypno-bot to stop the Badniks by making them dance.
When Eggman had a surplus of solar power, remotely super-charged Crab Bots were send to the Village, where Team Sonic smashed them. When the Archipelago Homeowners Association found a Crab Bot, altering them to Eggman's illegal housing of robots, Eggman hid the Crab Bots in his lair while he had the group over for dinner to convince them he had no robots, or risk eviction. However, the Crab Bots went haywire from power overload during a thunderstorm and blew Eggman's cover. While Eggman avoided eviction by convincing the association that his Crab Bots were art, he spent the night getting them under control. The Crab Bots would later join Team Eggman as they launched an attack on Team Sonic. Regardless, the villains still got defeated.
The Crab Bots would come with Dr. Eggman to retaliate against Tommy Thunder's "challenge" on TV. However, they all got smashed by Sonic when he came to Tommy's aid. Another time, the Crab Bots came with Eggman to ambush the Village while Sonic was stuck on another plane of existence. Though the Crab Bots and other Badniks overwhelmed Team Sonic at first, they were wiped out once Tails brought Sonic to the fight.
Some Crab Bots were called in by Dr. Eggman to destroy Sonic, only to get smashed by Team Sonic. At the Eggtoberfest, Crab Bots hordes attacked the villagers on Eggman's orders when he could not earn the villagers' trust. Fortunately, the bots were crushed by Team Sonic.
Sonic Dash 2: Sonic Boom
In Sonic Dash 2: Sonic Boom, the Crab Bot is one of the enemies encountered during the stages, though they do little more that serve as stationary obstacles. In this game, they are referred to as Crabmeat. Like other enemies, they can be defeated with a single attack.
The Crab Bots are silent, single-minded and unquestioningly dedicated to the doctor's orders. However, they also appear to possess personalities of their own, being able to express festive and celebrative emotions. As per their programming, they will only obey orders after being threatened.
Powers and abilities
The Crab Bots possess a pair of pinchers for offense and close combat, and their arms have descend power behind their blows. They are capable of flight for aerial combat and are as well advanced climbers which can scale vertical surfaces. Additionally, they possess a laser targeting system on their forehead and can fire energy beams from guns on their neck. Like other Badniks, they can also receive power remotely from Dr. Eggman's lair.
Despite looking sturdy, the Crab Bots are rather fragile as a simple well-aimed whack is enough to disable them.
- The Crab Bots are based on the Crabmeat, a Badnik who first appeared in both the Sega Genesis and the Game Gear version of Sonic the Hedgehog. However, their name was changed so to better describe what they are.
- The Crab Bot has its own action figure.
- Eggman has his name and address written on the Crab Bots in case he loses them.
- ↑ Sonic Dash 2: Sonic Boom
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Polsky, Dave (15 November 2014). "Translate This". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 3. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Watson, Mitch (22 November 2014). "Fortress of Squalitude". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 6. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Derrien, Jean-Christophe; Liemt, Romain Van (6 December 2014). "Eggheads". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 8. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Beechen, Adam (17 January 2015). "Guilt Tripping". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 9. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (24 January 2015). "Dude, Where's My Eggman?". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 10. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Polsky, Dave (14 February 2015). "Unlucky Knuckles". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 13. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 Van Liemt, Romain; Derrien, Christophe (21 February 2015). "The Meteor". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 14. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (28 February 2015). "Aim Low". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 15. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (14 March 2015). "Don't Judge Me". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 17. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 Barichella, Thomas (28 March 2015). "Sole Power". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 19. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Sellner, Joelle (4 April 2015). "Hedgehog Day". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 20. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Raut-Siezac, Natalys (25 April 2015). "Let's Play Musical Friends". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 23. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Gutierrez, Freddie (2 May 2015). "Late Fees". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 24. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reed (16 May 2015). "Eggman Unplugged". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 26. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (13 July 2015). "Chez Amy". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 27. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Raut-Siezac, Natalys (15 July 2015). "Curse of the Cross Eyed Moose". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 29. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (20 July 2015). "Mayor Knuckles". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 32. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Freiberger, Sam (21 July 2015). "Eggman the Auteur". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 33. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (22 July 2015). "Just a Guy". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 34. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Moarbes, Charles-Henri (23 July 2015). "Two Good to Be True". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 35. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Grenier, Benoit (24 July 2015). "Beyond the Valley of the Cubots". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 36. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (5 September 2015). "Late Night Wars". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 42. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Van Liemt, Romain; Grenier, Benoit (26 September 2015). "Robot Battle Royale". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 45. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 25.0 25.1 25.2 Freiberger, Sam; Crede, Phaea; Shatraw, Justin (3 October 2015). "No Robots Allowed". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 46. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (14 November 2015). "It Takes a Village to Defeat a Hedgehog". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 52. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (29 October 2016). "Tommy Thunder: Method Actor". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 53. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Grenier, Benoit (3 December 2016). "Alone Again, Unnaturally". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 56. Boomerang.
- ↑ Sonic Boom #5, "Eggtoberfest!"
- ↑ Bill Freiberger on Twitter. Twitter (28 November 2015). Retrieved on 30 November 2015.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (1 August 2015). "Next Top Villain". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 37. Cartoon Network. "Dustin Phillips: "Crab Bots?" You can get Motobugs right but not Crabmeat? #SonicBoom / Bill Freiberger: It's not a question of getting it right. We decided to call them Crab bots in #SonicBoom. / Dustin Phillips: Fair enough. I just found it weird since the Motobugs were called by name. / Bill Freiberger: That's because Motobugs describe what Motobugs are whereas crabmeat does not describe what Crab Bots are."