- You may be looking for Space Gadget.
Sonic Adventure 2
Sonic arrived in the main computer room aboard the Space Colony ARK to fulfill his part of the mission of stopping Eggman's plan to dominate the world. Over Sonic's radio, Tails warned Sonic that Amy Rose has been captured by Dr. Eggman, but Tails cut out and Sonic only heard part of the message. Afterwards, Eggman made an announcement that he had in fact captured Amy and Sonic ran off to save her.
Throughout the stage Eggman continuously makes threats to hurt Amy. Located in various places are switches that can control gravity. Using these switches, Sonic can get past the numerous obstacles that come his way. There are also rails on the ceiling and different "colored blocks" that float in space. Using the Low Gravity switches will have the player be able to navigate through these blocks. Also, the stage is filled with Artificial Chaos and Shield Hunters making the Stage much harder if the player did not obtain the Light Speed Attack Level Up Item.
Level Up Item
The Level Up Item for this level is the Flame Ring, it allows Sonic to break Steel Containers. It creates a ring of fire around Sonic as he does the somersault move. This Level Up Item is required to beat the stage.
Mission 1: Hurry and Find Eggman
Mission 2: Find 100 Rings
This mission is surprisingly easy if the player is able to get annoyed by the Artificial Chaos. The best approach is to line up a tad to its left or right, Spin Dash toward it from a distance, and then jump up and perform a Homing Attack just after it is possible to go by it.
To achieve an A Rank, this mission must be completed in under 3:00 minutes.
Mission 3: Find Lost Chao
When the player reaches the red platform out in space, instead of proceeding forward, hit the Gravity Control Switch on the left. Doing so places the player on top of the purple platform, where the Ancient Ruin is, toward the screen and on the right. Play the Mystic Melody to make a row of Rings appear. Light Speed Dash across them and push forward on the Control Stick to reach the top of the red platform where the lost Chao waits.
To achieve an A Rank, this mission must be completed in under 5:00 minutes.
Mission 4: Finish in 5 minutes and 00 seconds
Do not attack any unnecessary enemies and do not stray for any Rings. The player needs to be going full-tilt almost constantly to reach the Goal Ring in less than five minutes. Fortunately, there is one shortcut. First, get to the room with two doors after crossing the bottomless pit via the Light Speed Dash. From there, there is in front of the player a red beam with rotating Spiked Balls between it and the player, and an another other door below it. Jump over the Spiked Balls and perform a Homing Attack while in midair to defeat the nearby enemy. Go then through the door ahead that opens. Then, as a second door opens on the opposite side, jump off and perform another Homing Attack to land near the Rings below it.
Mission 5: Clear Hard Mode
There are some changes that have been made in Hard Mode:
- After the High-speed warp tube, when the player reaches the gap filled with the green energy fluid, there is a Spring Beetle that bounces the player up. Before said enemy, there is a Float Type now.
- Immediately afterward, after the player activates the Gravity Control Switch and walks on the roof, the Spring that is supposed to bounce the player up is replaced with a series of Indestructible Containers that the player must jump from and use as steps.
- The room with three Gravity Control Switches now has two switches instead, and the left switch leads to the right path.
- After riding the second warp tube, Sonic is dropped on the floor instead of the ceiling. The path over the green energy fluid has a Grind Rail, two Spark Beetles, and two Mono Beetles here.
- The way to the shaft up in front is now done by a staircase of rails and Indestructible Containers.
- After the shaft, the path of Rings over the energy plant gap which one must cross using the Light Speed Dash, is now filled with Spark Beetles.
- When the player approaches a room with two doors up and down, the red beam leading to the top door is now protected by two laser beams.
- Out in space, the switch to activate the rocket at the end of the stage has been moved to beneath an Indestructible Container at the end of the green platform.
To achieve an A Rank, the player must get a total of 15000 Points in the stage's score.
Big the Cat sighting
Big is standing on the left side of the yellow platform located near the end of the stage. The player can get the best shot of him while grinding down the rail on the yellow platform.
In Hard Mode, Big is located on the underside the blue platform near the end of the stage.
- After passing through the first Point Marker, look in the middle of the floor to find the first Chao Container.
- After the Flame Ring Level-Up item, keep walking toward the screen and the player should come to a pit of green energy fluid with rails above it to either side. Grind one of the rails to get across pit, and the player should find the second one on the other side.
- Soon after exiting the third High-speed warp tube, the player should come to a room containing a long red beam with swinging Spiked Balls and a beetle atop it. Walk along the beam, jump over the balls and perform a Homing Attack on the beetle to reach the door on the other side. Flip the Gravity Switch behind this door to walk along the ceiling, and then launch the missile just ahead to open an alcove with the third Chao Container in.
Other game appearances
Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games
In Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games, Crazy Gadget is featured as the setting of the Dream Trampoline event.
In other media
- The Dreamcast version of Sonic Adventure 2 had boxes with a green cross on them. They were re-colored red in Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, presumably to avoid potential copyright problems with Microsoft's then-recently released Xbox console since the cross in the Xbox logo was green.
- If the player arrives in the colorful platforms room in less than four minutes, Eggman will not threaten Sonic the second time.
- After the third checkpoint, there is an area of the green energy fluid that needs to be crossed by using Homing Attack on four Spark Beetles. After passing them, the player must perform a mid-air Light Speed Dash or fall into certain death. In all future re-releases of Sonic Adventure 2, a rail and Spring were added down below.
- This stage makes a return in Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games. It is where the Dream Trampoline event is held.
- The announcer of the ARK is female on the Japanese audio and is male in the English audio.