Japanese title card
|Original airdate||17 August 2003 (Japan)|
14 February 2004 (US)
|Written by||Koji Miki|
|Season 1/Series 1|
"Cruise Blues" (出撃!エッグフォートII Shutsugeki! Eggu Fōto Tsū?, lit. "Departure! Egg Fort II") is the twentieth episode of the anime series Sonic X. It first aired on 17 August 2003 and 14 February 2004 in Japan and US respectively.
- Sonic the Hedgehog
- Miles "Tails" Prower
- Amy Rose
- Cream The Rabbit
- Christopher Thorndyke (Also a narrator)
- Nelson Thorndyke
- Chuck Thorndyke
- Edward Tanaka
- Doctor Eggman
- Gotta Go Fast - Opening theme (USA and CAN)
- "Sonic X" - Opening theme (AUS, NZ and UK)
- Gotta Go Fast (shortened) - Closing theme
The episode starts with Chris's father offering Sonic and co. to a cruise to the glaciers on a ship as a means for relaxing after their battles with Eggman. They (except Sonic) are willing to board. Meanwhile, Eggman, Decoe and Bocoe tries to fix and reboot the Egg Fort but the craft fails to launch. Fustrated, Eggman introduced his 3 new inventions one for Decoe, one for Bocoe and one for Eggman. When Eggman suggested some names Decoe and Bocoe didn't like the name of their machines and started accusing Eggman for not asking them what name is there to give their own machines. As they start arguing and arguing the scene changes Chris is relaxing in his swimsuit with a drink but then Sonic comes to him on his knees to get him off the ship as he claims that he is seasick. Chris tries to tell Sonic that the ship is for him enjoy, but Sonic wouldn't listen, he just wanted to get off. Everyone else seems to be enjoying in the ship. Sonic had some plans to make. He is going to trick his friends so that he can get off.
Everyone went to the ship's room, sitting in their couches, but then Sonic just dashes in front of them. They were shocked because they've never seen Sonic so hyper before. Amy was mad at Sonic's attitude and interrupted Sonic's run. She tells him to behave and try to make the ship fun for himself. Sonic then pretends that he fainted, Amy and the rest actually thought he fainted and decided to send a helicopter to take Sonic get back home. Sonic, very excited, gets up with joy because he's finally getting out of the ship. But when he opens the door of the helicopter, he sees many senior people coming out of the helicopter along with Tanaka. Sonic ignored them and was going to get into the helicopter. However, the helicopter left. Sonic, on his knees, is very sad that he has to stay in the ship because Tanaka forced him to stay and enjoy.
The senior citizens start enjoying with Sonic and co. However, they were a bit annoying. An old lady was watching the clouds with Tails, but then Tails saw the clouds turning darker and formed an image of an aircraft resembling the X-Tornado, feeling scared. Another old lady was talking with Cream repeating the same question about her origins. Sonic was trying to get off the ship by "trying to fly", but it was no use as he kept falling into the water. This behavior angers Amy. An elderly man notes her feelings for Sonic. Later, the scene changes to where Chris's house is. Bokkun goes inside the house but he sees no one inside Bokkun gets very sad that there is no one in the house and that he is so lonely. Then, Ella comes to him and consoles him. Naughty as ever, Bokkun tricked her by planting a bomb and ran away. This resulted Ella getting extremely furious. Back where Sonic was suffering, Sonic thought of a few sneaky ideas to trick Tails and Amy. He goes to Tails and tells him that the X Tornado is "awfully lonely" ever since they left. The fox feels guilty and begins to feel depressed because he's been rude enough to leave the X Tornado all alone and thus, being tricked by the hedgehog. Now, Sonic goes to Amy, since he knows that Amy is crazy in-love with him, he tricked her that he shares her feelings. Amy believed him and then Sonic dramatically exaggerated that he could feel better if she swung her hammer. Amy took his words literally and started swinging her hammer as if she was insane. Sonic goes to Chris and Chuck and said that Amy has gone berserk. As Chris and Chuck were wondering why Tails was so depressed and why Amy was so hyper, they were discussing if they could turn the ship around but Chuck remains suspicious. But, then, they saw Amy telling Cream about Sonic's sudden change in his personality, especially when she swings her hammer. Chris realises that Sonic said that on purpose so he can get off the ship. Chris then shouts out Sonic's name.
Later, Amy found out that Sonic tricked her and started running after him so that she can whack him with her hammer (Sonic was on top of the pole so that he can get away from her) Amy started using her hammer to break the pole. The ship finally reached the glaciers as a whale surfaced. However, Eggman showed up and reveals his new flying fortress: Egg Fort II. Sonic tried to stop him, but he wasn't able to, as he kept on slipping due to the ice. With the advice from an old lady, Sonic was able to regain his confidence. Later, Bokkun came and started crying because he is getting away from Ella. Ella comes with the X-Tornado and blasts off Eggman, with a little of Sonic's help.
In the end, the ship continues to sail back from where it started. Tails asks Sonic if he was still seasick, but Sonic finally got used to the ship and told Tails to relax.
- The following scenes have been cut from the English dub:
These pictures show Chris playing chess with an elder.
- This is the first episode that two characters are seen playing chess with each other (although it is not shown in the English version).
- Sonic tricks Amy by saying, "When you swing that little hammer of yours my heart beats a million times!" but when Amy tells Cream about this she says, "He said that his little heart beats everytime I swing my hammer!" but Sonic was referring to the hammer little, not his heart.
- Although in the end of the episode, Sonic was okay with staying in the ship though that does not recover his phobia of water.
- In the Japanese version, Cream states that she lived in Green Hill Zone.
- In the Japanese version, Amy convinces Sonic to stop misbehaving by warning him about what fans of Sonic X would say to Sonic, thus breaking the Fourth Wall.
- Ella is the first human to pilot the X Tornado.
- According to Chuck in the English version, Ella can do anything she puts her mind to except cleaning windows. In the Japanese version, he said he taught Ella how to fly the X-Tornado when he was bored.
- The engine room of Eggmans' Egg Fort has the same appearance as the Wave Motion Engine from Star Blazers. The only difference is that it's colored blue instead of the usual red.
- This episode reveals Sonic can move his ears, since he used them to eavesdrop on Chuck & Chris' discussion before Amy and Cream came in.
- Chris also acts as the narrator for this episode.
- Although Sonic attempts to jump all the way to shore only to fall into the water (according to Chris, this has happened at least 15 times), it is unknown how Sonic manages to return to the cruise ship after each time.
- One of the portraits on the wall at the beginning of the episode is of the RMS Queen Mary, but it has been mistaken as the RMS Titanic. The Queen Mary has three red funnels as seen in the picture, instead of four yellow ones like the Titanic.
- The glaciers that Sonic and his friends visited resemble Cool Edge from Sonic Unleashed.
|Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog||
|Sonic the Hedgehog (SatAM)||