|This group exists primarily or exclusively within the Sonic Boom continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
The Cubot Series is a group that appears in the Sonic Boom television series. It is a discontinued series of faulty robots created by Dr. Eggman. Whereas one remained with Eggman as his service robot, the remainder became renegades.
The Cubot Series was started by Dr. Eggman. Because he was unable to perfect it though, he moved onto the Orbot Series. While the last Cubot became Eggman's service robot, the prototypes fled Eggman's lair to avoid being recycled, and started their own community in the Valley of the Cubots. Cubot and the prototypes remained unaware of the other's existence however.
The Cubot Series was reunited when Cubot found his prototypes during a search mission and chose to stay with them as their leader. However, they got split up again when Dr. Eggman found the prototypes and tried to destroy them. In the aftermath, the prototypes survived thanks to Team Sonic, but they had to go into hiding in a new place. Cubot would also return to Eggman's service.
Due to a malware signal from Hypnobot one day, the Cubot Series got turned evil and violent. The Cubot prototypes in particular tried to attack Team Sonic before the team subdued them. Tails fixed the prototypes afterward, but they quickly turned evil again and resumed their rampage. Cubot would also join up with other infected robots to attack Hedgehog Village. There, his onslaught was kept at bay by Team Sonic, whose members eventually split up, leaving Cubot with fewer foes to deal with. Once Hypnobot's signal was stopped however, the Cubot Series was freed from his control. Following that, Eggman would make an alliance with Hypnobot, who made the Cubot prototypes return to Eggman's service with his powers so they could help them invade Morristown. After Team Sonic foiled that plan and freed the robots Hynobot controlled, the Cubot prototypes remained in Morristown (now renamed "Roboken"). However, the prototypes eventually returned to their valley without FriendBot, leaving them once again without protection. Fortunately, Team Sonic provided them with a new guardian in the form of D-Fekt.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg; Freiberger, Bill (13 May 2017). "Robots From The Sky Part 2". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 79. Boomerang.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Grenier, Benoit (24 July 2015). "Beyond the Valley of the Cubots". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 36. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Bill Freiberger on Twitter. Twitter (12 February 2017). Retrieved on 12 February 2017. “Elliot Matteson: I thought Sonic & Tails moved the Cubot prototypes to someplace that keeps them relatively safe. / Bill Freiberger: yes. This is the new place.”
- ↑ Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (11 February 2017). "FiendBot". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 66. Boomerang.
- ↑ Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg; Freiberger, Bill (6 May 2017). "Robots From The Sky Part 1". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 78. Boomerang.
- ↑ Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg; Freiberger, Bill (20 May 2017). "Robots From The Sky Part 3". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 80. Boomerang.
- ↑ Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg; Freiberger, Bill (27 May 2017). "Robots From The Sky Part 4". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 81. Boomerang.
- ↑ Pontac, Ken; Graff, Warren (4 November 2017). "Return to Beyond the Valley of the Cubots". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 102. Boomerang.