|This group exists primarily or exclusively within the Sonic Boom continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
The Cubot prototypes are a group that appears in the Sonic Boom television series. It is a faction of the Cubot Series that consists of several rejected Cubot prototypes. These units would go on to become renegades in order to avoid being dismantled by their creator, Dr. Eggman.
Characteristics and culture
The Cubot prototypes are virtually identical to the final model, except for a few subtle differences; the majority wear different accessories, though some boast a different color scheme instead. They also seemingly share the final model's abilities, such as levitation. They are also equipped with self-destruct buttons, unlike the final Cubot.
The Cubot prototypes have personalities similar to that of the final Cubot, but are even more stupid and incompetent; they often press their own self-destruct buttons and wander around without any orientation, and when told to run or follow they do the exact opposite. One even tried extinguishing a fire with a Disintegrator Ray. In their own words, they are incapable of learning from their mistakes. As such, they are almost just as great a danger to themselves as Eggman is.
The first models in the Cubot Series, the Cubot prototypes were rejected by Dr. Eggman after failing his expectations. Scheduled to be recycled, the Cubot prototypes escaped Eggman's lair and hid in the Valley of the Cubots.
Against their plans, the Cubot prototypes reemerged to steal equipment from Eggman and Tails to fix Cutebot. They soon met their successors Orbot and Cubot, who had been searching for them, and showed them their home. Amazed by Cubot's intelligence and leadership, the prototypes convinced him to stay as their leader after he (with Orbot's aid) got Sonic and Tails to repair them. However, Eggman and his robots soon sought the prototypes out to destroy them. Although Sonic, Tails and Cubot saved them, the Cubot prototypes had to move to a safer place afterward. Meanwhile, Cubot returned to Eggman, having been fed up with his prototypes' idiocy.
When the Cubot prototypes got infected by malware from Hypnobot, they were compelled to launch a sneak attack on Team Sonic, during which they shot Tails. Tails survived though, and the team subdued the prototypes using their self-destruct buttons. The Cubot prototypes were afterward repaired by Tails, only to resume their rampage and escape their confines in Tails' Workshop upon receiving another malware signal. Once Hypnobot was defeated however, the Cubot prototypes were freed from his control. Unfortunately for the prototypes, they were soon taken over by Hypnobot again, who made them pilot Moth Bot during his and Eggman's invasion of Morristown. There, they met opposition from Team Sonic, Mighton and Bolts, but managed to make the heroes fall back after Hypnobot made the robots in the city aid them. Still, the Cubot prototypes were defeated when Tails returned to the battle and took out Moth Both with the aid of Cyborg Tails. After the heroes stopped the invasion and freed the robots Hynobot controlled, the Cubot prototypes remained in Morristown (now renamed "Roboken") to live there, where they bid Team Sonic farewell when they left.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Sonic Boom Commentaries Uncut: Ep 36 Post-Show - "A Wingert And A Prayer". YouTube. Retrieved on 27 September 2015. “Bill Freiberger: Cutebot is the only one who has a different name. The others are Hat Cubot, Glasses Cubot, Patch Cubot, etc.”
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Bill Freiberger on Twitter. Twitter (2 October 2015). Retrieved on 2 October 2015. “Alexander Soerensen: You said the Cubot prototypes have the prefixes Hat, Glasses, Patch etc. Does the rest then have Bowtie and Green as prefix? / Bill Freiberger: Yes”
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg; Freiberger, Bill (13 May 2017). "Robots From The Sky Part 2". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 79. Boomerang.
- ↑ Official synopsis for "Beyond the Valley of the Cubots" on Cartoon Network US website.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 Grenier, Benoit (24 July 2015). "Beyond the Valley of the Cubots". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 36. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (11 February 2017). "FiendBot". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 66. Boomerang.
- ↑ Bill Freiberger on Twitter. Twitter (12 February 2017). Retrieved on 12 February 2017. “Elliot Matteson: I thought Sonic & Tails moved the Cubot prototypes to someplace that keeps them relatively safe. / Bill Freiberger: yes. This is the new place.”
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg; Freiberger, Bill (20 May 2017). "Robots From The Sky Part 3". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 80. Boomerang.
- ↑ Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg; Freiberger, Bill (6 May 2017). "Robots From The Sky Part 1". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 78. Boomerang.
- ↑ Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg; Freiberger, Bill (27 May 2017). "Robots From The Sky Part 4". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 81. Boomerang.