|This group exists primarily or exclusively within the Sonic Boom continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
The Cubot prototypes is a group that appears in the Sonic Boom television series. It is a faction of the Cubot Series consisting of several rejected Cubot prototypes who went renegade to avoid being dismantled by their creator Dr. Eggman.
The Cubot prototypes are virtually identical to the final model, except for a few subtle differences; the majority wear different accessory, though at least one has a green color scheme instead. They also seemingly share the final model's abilities, such as levitation. They are also equipped with self-destruct buttons, unlike the final Cubot.
The Cubot prototypes have personalities similar to that of the final Cubot, but are even more stupid and incompetent due to their flawed design; they are prone to press their own self-destruct button, one tried extinguishing a fire with a Disintegrator Ray, and when told to run or follow they do the exact opposite. In their own words, they are incapable of learning from their mistakes. As such, they are almost just a big a danger to themselves as Eggman is.
The first models in the Cubot Series, the Cubot prototypes were rejected by Dr. Eggman after failing his expectations. Scheduled to be recycled, the Cubot prototypes escaped Eggman's lair and hid in the Valley of the Cubots.
Against their plans, the Cubot prototypes reemerged to steal equipment from Eggman and Tails to fix Cutebot. They soon met their successors Orbot and Cubot, who had been searching for them, and showed them their home. Amazed by Cubot's intelligence and leadership, the prototypes convinced him to stay as their leader after he (with Orbot's aid) got Sonic and Tails to repair them. However, Eggman and his robots soon sought the prototypes out to destroy them. While Sonic, Tails and Cubot saved them, the Cubot prototypes had to move to a safer place while Cubot returned to Eggman, having been fed up with his prototypes' idiocy.
- All the Cubot prototypes are voiced by the original Cubot's voice actor.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Sonic Boom Commentaries Uncut: Ep 36 Post-Show - "A Wingert And A Prayer". YouTube. Retrieved on 27 September 2015. “Bill Freiberger: Cutebot is the only one who has a different name. The others are Hat Cubot, Glasses Cubot, Patch Cubot, etc.”
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Bill Freiberger on Twitter. Twitter (2 October 2015). Retrieved on 2 October 2015. “Alexander Soerensen: You said the Cubot prototypes have the prefixes Hat, Glasses, Patch etc. Does the rest then have Bowtie and Green as prefix? / Bill Freiberger: Yes”
- ↑ Official synopsis for "Beyond the Valley of the Cubots" on Cartoon Network US website.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 Grenier, Benoit (24 July 2015). "Beyond the Valley of the Cubots". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 36. Cartoon Network.