|This character exists primarily or exclusively within the Sonic Boom continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
Cutebot is a character that appears in the Sonic Boom television series. She is a part of the Cubot prototypes, a group of rejected robots who became renegades to avoid being dismantled by their creator, Dr. Eggman.
Cutebot is essentially a doppelganger of her successor, so she is nearly identical to him in design. The only difference between the two is that Cutebot wears a long and black curly wig and a straw hat with flowers on.
Cutebot was a part of the rejected Cubot prototypes created by Dr. Eggman. Being scheduled to be scrapped, Cutebot escaped from Dr. Eggman's lair with her fellow prototypes and went into hiding in the Valley of the Cubots.
Eventually, Cutebot started to malfunction, prompting the prototypes to seek the means to fix her. With the arrival of Orbot and Cubot, the two got Tails to "fix" Cutebot. She subsequently sought council from Cubot after he chose to stay with his prototypes, until Eggman arrived to exterminate them. Fortunately, Cutebot and the prototypes were saved by Sonic, Tails and Cubot, though they had to move to a safer place and say goodbye to Cubot, who returned to Eggman, afterward.
Getting infected by malware from Hypnobot, Cutebot was compelled to launch a sneak attack on Team Sonic with her fellow prototypes. However, the team subdued her using her self-destruct button. Cutebot was afterward repaired by Tails, only to resume her rampage and escape her confines in Tails' Workshop upon receiving another malware signal. Once Hypnobot was defeated however, Cutebot was freed from his control.
Cutebot is very similar to her successor. She can be surmised as a "funbot" with a rough-edged personality and is gruff and gritty like a beat cop. However, whereas Cubot is not very intelligent and slow on the uptake, Cutebot is far more dimwitted due to her flawed design; even when "better than ever" she quickly flew into a boulder, and when asked to run, she does the opposite. As put by her fellow prototypes, she is incapable of learning from her mistakes.
Powers and abilities
Like her successor, Cutebot is capable of levitation to move around. She can also self-destruct when the self-destruct button on her head is pressed. As an Eggman robot, she is also able to receive power remotely from Eggman's lair.
- Cutebot is the only of the Cubot prototypes with a designated name.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Grenier, Benoit (24 July 2015). "Beyond the Valley of the Cubots". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 36. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg; Freiberger, Bill (13 May 2017). "Robots From The Sky Part 2". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 79. Boomerang.
- ↑ Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg; Freiberger, Bill (6 May 2017). "Robots From The Sky Part 1". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 78. Boomerang.
- ↑ Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg; Freiberger, Bill (20 May 2017). "Robots From The Sky Part 3". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 80. Boomerang.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Raut-Sieuzac, Natalys (4 March 2017). "Blackout". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 69. Boomerang.