|This exists primarily or exclusively within the Post-Super Genesis Wave continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
Dark Gaia Energy is an energy form innate to Dark Gaia, being the essence of its being. In its raw gas form, this energy is highly corruptive and possesses mutagenic properties, capable of causing a total cellular re-write in high concentrations, blocking spirits like Tikal, and turning hearts cruel, resulting in increasing aggressive tendencies. When coalescing, this energy can also form Dark Gaia Creatures. However, it only appears to be active during nighttime. Also, as an energy source for machinery, Dark Gaia energy is extremely potent, only surpassed by the Chaos Emeralds.
In its refined form, Dark Gaia energy is much safer to use and can even be used to greatly empower individuals to the extend of giving them abilities they previously did not have without causing mutations. Such usage usually results in the users' eyes glowing purple. Dark Gaia energy has also been noted to be, according to Walter Naugus, very similar to the energies of Ixis, so much so that the troll mistook it for being the power of Ixis until Wendy corrected him.
Shortly before the Shattered World Crisis, Dark Gaia energy began leaking to the surface, prompting Professor Charles the Hedgehog to examine it. During an accident however, Sonic inhaled some Dark Gaia energy from Charles' samples which eventually triggered his mutation into Sonic the Werehog some time later.
With the emergence of the Shattered World Crisis, Dark Gaia energy would spew up to the surface of the planet, resulting in the emergence of the Dark Gaia Creatures and unusual aggressive behavior amongst the population during nighttime. Meanwhile, when learning of the potential Dark Gaia energy had as an energy source, Dr. Eggman started gathering it up via a Summoning Spire in an refinery to use it to power his empire. When learning of the Dark Gaia energy Eggman had gathered, the Naugus Twins and the Witchcarters took control of Eggmanland to use the energy for their own purposes, but were stopped by Eggman and his Egg Bosses.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Sonic Universe #84, "Eggman's Dozen Part Two: Power Meeting"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #259, "The Chase: Part Two"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #263, "Waves of Change - Part Four: Divine Waters"
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Sonic the Hedgehog #264, "Control Part One: Breaking Point"
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Sonic Universe #73, "Spark of Life Part Three"
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Sonic the Hedgehog #262, "Waves of Change Part Three: Terror in the Deep"
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Sonic the Hedgehog #266, "Ambushed! Part One"
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Sonic Universe #85, "Eggman's Dozen Part Three: Team Management"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #254, "Countdown to Chaos Part Two: The Soldier"
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 Sonic Universe #83, "Eggman's Dozen Part One: Hostile Takeover"
- ↑ Sonic Universe #87, "Shattered Part One: Closing In
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #276, "Back in Business"
- ↑ Sonic Universe #86, "Eggman's Dozen Finale: Synergizing"