- Not to be confused with Death Egg Mark II from Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode II, as well as the Archie Comics second Death Egg.
Quite dissimilar in design to the original Death Egg deployed in Sonic the Hedgehog 2, this battle station has six colorful subsidiary globes connected to the central sphere, as well as an assortment of arm-like apparatus attached.
In order to decide who will pilot Tails' single-seater rocket, the Lunar Fox, up to the Death Egg II, the heroes held a fighting competition, which gives the first eight levels of Sonic the Fighters. The player character then blasts up to the space fortress, where the two final battle arenas are set:
- Death Egg's Eye, where Metal Sonic is fought.
- Death Egg's Hangar, where Dr. Eggman attacks in his E-Mech even while the countdown to explosion gets into its last fifteen seconds.
When Eggman is defeated, the Lunar Fox departs, and the Death Egg II is shown exploding into tiny pieces.
- Death Egg II resembles Dr. Eggman's Incredible Interstellar Amusement Park from Sonic Colors.
- Oddly enough, the battle with Dr. Eggman is a bonus round. You need to win in order to see the true ending.
|Sonic the Fighters|
|Characters||Sonic | Tails | Knuckles | Amy | Espio | Bark | Bean | Fang | Dr. Eggman | Metal Sonic | Honey|
|Locations||South Island | Tails' Lab | Death Egg II|
|Arenas||South Island | Flying Carpet | Aurora Icefield | Mushroom Hill | Canyon Cruise | Casino Night | Dynamite Plant | Giant Wing | Death Egg's Eye | Death Egg's Hangar|
|Other||Chaos Emerald | E-Mech | Eggman Robot | Fake Fighter | Gallery | Hyper Mode | Lunar Fox | OST | Rocket Metal | Sunset Town|