Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Desert Dazzle was a scrapped zone for the 2011 remastered version of Sonic the Hedgehog CD.
It was a level coined by "Taxman", who posted the information about Desert Dazzle. According to him, this level was cut so the game didn't stray too far from its original form. However, an image of it is still featured in-game.
It was revealed that the Sonic CD levels were sorted in a folder and went through R1 (Palmtree Panic) to R8 (Metallic Madness). However, R2 was scrapped and R1 went straight to R3. Desert Dazzle was confirmed to be the replacement for R2.
- A screenshot of this level can be accessed in the sound test by typing the code: PCM:32 DA:8.
- The screenshot's soundtrack is Quartz Quadrant Good Future.
- Desert Dazzle was based off the pre-release images of Dust Hill Zone, a cut level from Sonic the Hedgehog 2.
- It should be noted that when you look at the Little Planet in D.A. Garden or on the 1996 PC version's loading screen, you'll notice that there is a desert area with a single cactus. This is most likely the main reason Desert Dazzle was created since there is no other level that features this area (with the exception of Wacky Workbench's past, which shows that the factory was built in a desert-like area).
- Level assets intended for use in Desert Dazzle (background, land tiles, and objects) have been incorporated into Sonic Mania's Mirage Saloon Zone.