Devil Doom (デビル ドゥーム Debiru Do~ūmu?) is the final boss of the game Shadow the Hedgehog. He is a giant, two headed, gargoyle-like creature and the super-powered version of Black Doom. He transforms into this form after discovering Gerald Robotnik's secret plan to destroy the Black Comet. Shadow eventually defeats him and saves the world after transforming into Super Shadow as Sonic and the other characters cheer him on.
AppearanceEditDuring the transformation, Black Doom becomes much large and much more intimidating that before; his body is almost completely changed. The only physical traces of Black Doom's original form is Doom's Eye and his horizontal horns.
He has now two heads on either side of his torso in the image of a gargoyle, where the first one has Black Doom's trademark horizontal horns and the second has a single vertical horn, and the lower half of his body is rooted down to a large boulder. He also has horizontal mouthparts similar to the Black Bull, with the exception of an absence of a bottom jaw on both sides. Devil Doom has no eyes himself, but the Doom's Eye will exchange between the heads to give them sight.
Devil Doom's skin is red and black (the typical skin colors of the Black Arms), and he seems to have an extra finger on each hand. This also makes it possible for his arms to operate from either side of his body, making his shoulders double jointed. His torso also has strange spines pointing down.
Powers and abilitiesEdit
In addition to retaining the ability to use the Chaos Emeralds to induce Chaos Control, Devil Doom can breathe fire, manipulate objects and rocks from the city below to hover around him or impact enemies, and can make the rocks fire lasers, possibly by channeling fire through them, as they do seem to have a fiery look to them.
Devil Doom can also sense where Shadow is, as his attacks are of the same precision whether facing Shadow or not. Most of his body, with the exception of his Eye, is invulnerable and does not feel pain, even from a charged Chaos Spear. Devil Doom's wings are an oval shape, enabling equal use by both heads. Although, his wings can be crippled, making him vulnerable to side attacks, he can put either one of his wings in front of the eye to protect himself.
BattleEditThe battle is entered as Super Shadow. Devil Doom is floating in front of Shadow with a ring of debris. He may throw it at Shadow. There are ring balloons in the debris. After a while, he spits a wall of fire at Shadow, and the debris falls. He can also command the small rocks floating around him to shoot lasers. If Shadow is too close, Devil Doom will teleport away. Shadow uses Chaos Spear to attack Doom's Eye, which afterwards alternates between heads. When the debris is around him, go for the balloons and blow up the items around him for Chaos Blast, while attacking Devil Doom himself and the rocks gives Shadow Chaos Control. Shadow can also attack Devil Doom's wings to cripple him, as he can block attacks with them.
- Even after Shadow disables his wings, Devil Doom will stay airborne.
- Devil Doom is one of the few Final Bosses not to use the power of the 7 Chaos Emeralds for transformation. Doom says during the battle that he underestimated the power of the Emeralds.
- Devil Doom's heads actually differ between each other; one head has Black Doom's original two horizontal horns, while the other head has only one horn pointing diagonally upwards. All three horns are colored similarly, though.
- By "bumping" into Devil Doom in some way, it is possible for Super Shadow to be bumped into a lower or higher elevation of his "flight path/area" for a short time, and thus in this state is able to fly over or underneath Devil Doom.
- After 8 minutes of fighting Devil Doom, Eggman reveals the truth: "Shadow, this may be the last time you hear from me, so I have a confession. When I said I created you, it was all a lie! Everyone thought you died on that horrible day, but I rescued you with one of my robots. You had just lost your memory. You really ARE the Ultimate Lifeform created by my grandfather 50 years ago!"
- Although the main way of attacking Devil Doom are using Chaos Energy, that isn't the only way. If the player can manage to slide up when bumping into an object or Devil Doom himself, and use the dash ability which is similar to a jump dash, damage can be dealt. Note that it is not an easy feat and if managed, it will not automatically target anything; aiming must be done manually.
- Devil Doom's cry at the beginning of the battle is identical to Perfect Chaos' from Sonic Adventure.