|This character exists primarily or exclusively within the Sonic Boom continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
Diane Aardvark is a character that appears in the Sonic Boom television series. She is an anthropomorphic aardvark and a photographer working on "Modern Lair Magazine". She also has her own assistant named Gunther.
Diane is an anthropomorphic aardvark of average height with grey fur and a thin tail. She has a pair of sharp ears and tuffs on the back of her head, a raised white grey muzzle with a black snout and a tuff of smooth grey hair on her head. She also has noticeable wrinkles on her forehead and very dark purple irises. Her attire consists of a purple shirt and skirt, a white coat, black high-heeled boots with grey soles, and a golden bracelet on her wrist. She also appears to wear pink lipstick.
After being informed by her assistant Gunther that Dr. Eggman's Lair qualified to be in one of Modern Lair Magazine's issue, Diane came with Gunther to the lair to take pictures. When they arrived however, she found the lair completely in ruin (due to Team Sonic). Surveying the lair, she bluntly fired Gunther and took her leave while Dr. Eggman begged her for a spot in their issue.
At New Year's Eve, Diane came to the New Year's Eve party in the Village Center where she shared a conversation with Wolfie and a short with Soar the Eagle. During this, Dr. Eggman used his Slow Motion Machine to slow down time long enough for him to beat Sonic in something before New Year, though Diane did not see Eggman's victory as it happened too fast for her to notice it. When the Justin Beaver fever hit the Village, Diane not only covered Justin's story, but also got brainwashed into a mindless Justin fan girl and consumer by Justin's mind control music. Diane eventually attended a concert with Justin where he and Dreamboat Express had a sing-off. Amidst this, she was freed from the mind control by Dreamboat Express, now Dude-itude.
While Diane and Gunther (who had gotten his job back as Diane's assistant) held a photo shooting of Comedy Chimp, she saw Knuckles wearing a trash can. Inspired by Knuckles' behavior, she published pictures of him, propelling Knuckles into fame. Diane later came to the Robot Battle Royale, where she saw Eggman steal Tails' Hypno-bot at the end.
Diane is a dignified woman. She is very calm and extremely professional while at work, not expressing the slightest of emotions, even when seeing Eggman's destroyed photo setting whereas the same sight left Gunther stunned. She has a strong passion for her work, encouraging her clients in a positive manner to express themselves with various poses, and displays a poetic interpretation of people who catch her interest. Similarly, she has no tolerance for inadequate photo settings, having once bluntly fired Gunther for choosing Eggman's trashed lair for a setting and completely ignored Eggman's pleas for another chance. Nonetheless, she is able to enjoy herself and cut lose when needed.
- Except for "Battle of the Boy Bands", Diane and Gunther have always appeared in the same episode in the Sonic Boom television series.
- ↑ Bill Freiberger on Twitter. Twitter (24 June 2016). Retrieved on 26 June 2016. “Tiara Kemuri: Thank you! And what about the Photographer? / Bill Freiberger: Diane Aardvark.”
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Watson, Mitch (22 November 2014). "Fortress of Squalitude". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 6. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Harrison, Reid (8 August 2015). "New Year's Retribution". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 38. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (15 August 2015). "Battle of the Boy Bands". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 39. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Harrison, Reid (5 September 2015). "Late Night Wars". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 42. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Van Liemt, Romain; Grenier, Benoit (26 September 2015). "Robot Battle Royale". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 45. Cartoon Network.