Djinn, also referred to as spirits (マジン Majin?), are a species that first appeared in Sonic and the Secret Rings. They are a race of diverse magical spirits from the world of the Arabian Nights, ranging from lesser servants in various forms to humanoid reality-warpers.
- Shahra: The Genie of the Ring. She is bound to a ring and must grant the wishes of whoever wears it.
- The Erazor Djinn: The Genie of the lamp. He is a powerful and evil djinn who attempted to rule the world of the Arabian Nights, but was sealed away by Sonic.
- Uhu the Wind Genie: A Wind Genie. He is extremely quick and is not bound to anything.
- Blue Ma Djinn
- Gargoyle Djinn
- Golem Djinn
- Green Ma Djinn
- Kri Ma Djinn
- Pri Ma Djinn
- Rafflesia Djinn
- Red Ma Djinn
- Skeleton Djinn
- Slime Djinn
- "Genie" is a corruption of the Arabic word "djinni," the word for "one djinn."
- Sand Oasis and Night Palace are the only levels that do not have an exclusive Djinn in the level.
- It is possible that Captain Bemoth is a Djinn, due to Slime Djinn coming together with a Red Ma Djinn to create Captain Bemoth.