Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|This character exists primarily or exclusively within the Pre-Super Genesis Wave continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
Doctor Eggman Nega, or just Doctor Nega, is a character that appears in the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series and its spin-offs published by Archie Comics. He was a mysterious villain and "mad man" who waged war with the Zone Cops. Traveling across the Cosmic Highway, Nega's actions caused severe chaos across the multiverse. For this reason, the Zone Cops issued a lock-down on the various universes, leaving only a few open to maintain stability. Nega's war with the Zone Cops resulted in massive damage to No Zone.
Dr. Eggman Nega closely resembles his ancestor Dr. Eggman, albeit with the colors reversed, a longer nose, a white mustache (suggesting he is at an elderly age), pointy blue sunglasses, and visor-styled goggles instead of normal ones.
Little of Nega's early history is largely known, with several details suggesting he either comes from 3437 P.X.E. or Blaze's world. Whatever his origins, he is known to have actively sought out the Sol Emeralds, and possibly the Jeweled Scepter as well. Because of Nega's conquest, many of the Sol Emeralds got lost within the multiverse.
Sonic the Hedgehog, Tails, Blaze the Cat and Marine the Raccoon had a brief encounter with Dr. Eggman Nega while fighting against Captain Whisker and Johnny in Blaze's home world. Though the heroes defeated the villains, later on, it is noted by Blaze that Dr. Eggman Nega, Johnny, and Whisker survived, and still make attempts at their goal.
War with the Zone Cops
Demonstrating the intelligence necessary to leave the Sol Zone, Nega became involved in a war with the Zone Cops, which resulted in a great deal of damage to the No Zone and a lockdown of the Cosmic Interstate. Dr. Nega would later fly an insect-like aircraft carrying a mysterious capsule containing the cyan Sol Emerald to the Prime Zone using a portal while being chased by two Zone Cop vehicles. The Zone Cops attempted to arrest him on charges of illegally crossing 47 Zones, but Nega refused to be taken into custody. As he fired at the Zone Cops, one of them fired at the craft's legs, dislodging the capsule. Nega then escaped the Prime Zone using another portal, with the Zone Cops still in hot pursuit.
Dr. Eggman Nega is described as eloquent and sophisticated, but also frightening ruthless and power mad.
Powers and abilities
Eggman Nega has a genius intellect that is on par with Dr. Eggman, though he believed to have an even greater intellect, given his success with inter-dimensional travel and that he is waging a successful one-man war against the Zone Cops.
- Dr. Nega was never referred to by name in Sonic Universe #1, though his silhouette can be seen in the issue, and notably, he appears to have a similarly shaped body to that of Dr. Eggman. It was only hinted that he was Dr. Nega in one of the caption boxes in Sonic the Hedgehog #197.
- Dr. Eggman Nega's full name was changed to "Dr. Nega" and his appearance is concealed in shadow because the character of Eggman Nega is unavailable to the comics because of issues with Sega. Writer Ian Flynn explained on a forum post that he had to push hard to use the character at all, and had to make it clear that they would only be vaguely hinting at him. He hopes that the character will become more available in the future.
- Prior to Takashi Iizuka clarifying Dr. Eggman Nega's origins, fans often debate if the Dr. Eggman Nega from the Sonic Rush series is the same as the one from Sonic Rivals or is a completely different person, as they are presented with entirely different origins; in Sonic Rush he is Dr. Eggman's alternate counterpart and in Sonic Rivals he is his descendant.
- Coincidentally, his profile in Sonic the Hedgehog: The Complete Sonic Comic Encyclopedia gives a nod to his dual origin story by stating his origins were unknown and presenting theories as to where he is from Silver's time or the future.
- Dr. Nega made in unofficial appearance in Sonic Universe #24's Off-panel, in which he talks with Sonic on how they received limited appearances in the arc.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Sonic the Hedgehog #197, "Consequences"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog: The Complete Sonic Comic Encyclopedia, "Zonic & The Zone Cops"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Sonic the Hedgehog: The Complete Sonic Comic Encyclopedia, "Dr. Eggman Nega"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog: The Complete Sonic Comic Encyclopedia, "Sol Emeralds & Jeweled Scepter"
- ↑ Sonic Universe #2, "Living Weapons"
- ↑ Sonic Universe #21, "Treasure Team Tango Part One: "The Salida""
- ↑ Ian Flynn (11 February 2009). Sonic #197 Preview and Discussion. BumbleKing Comics. Archived from the original on 2 November 2015.