Doctor Starline is a character that appears in the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series and its spin-offs published by IDW Publishing. He is an anthropomorphic platypus and a shadowy scientist who is highly interested in Dr. Eggman and his work.
Concept and creation
Doctor Starline is an anthropomorphic platypus with grey fur that covers most of his body. His beak is black-colored and narrow with nostrils on the front, and he possesses red eyes, black eyelids, and a thick tail. He also has three thick hair turfs on his head that are combed over the right side of his head. His front hair turf also possesses a black highlight.
For attire, he wears a purple and red tuxedo with golden cuffs, orange pince-nez glasses, and webbed black gloves with the left one having an orange hypnotic device attached on the top and golden-tipped fingertips. He also wears black boots with golden buckles, red soles, medium-high heels, and upward-turned pointy toes.
The Battle for Angel Island
Starline hired Rough and Tumble to capture Dr. Eggman, as he wanted to return the amnesiac Eggman, who had become a good-hearted handyman, to his former glory. After the skunk brothers brought Eggman to Starline's base in the Final Egg and strapped him up, Starline revealed himself to Eggman and told him of his intention to restore Eggman's former personality. Ignoring the amnesiac Eggman's pleas, Starline started to electrocute him with a specialized pair of goggles. Later, after completing the first round of Eggman's "procedure", Starline asked Eggman if he was feeling more like himself.
Starline is calm, collected, formal and confident. However, he is also ruthless and cruel, as he was willing to force Eggman to be a part of an evidently painful procedure against his will to bring him back to normal. He also appears to be a fanatic of the Eggman Empire as he wanted to bring its leader back to his former glory.
Powers and abilities
Being a scientist, Starline possesses a high intellect.
- ↑ Comment on EvanStanley's profile. DeviantArt (29 November 2018). Retrieved on 29 November 2018. “SonAze9000: If I had to guess, I would say that you designed Dr. Starline. Is that correct? And if not, then who? / Evan Stanley: Yep, I did the character design for Dr. Starline!”
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Sonic the Hedgehog #10, "The Battle for Angel Island Part 2"
- ↑ Ian Flynn on Twitter. Twitter (28 November 2018). Retrieved on 28 November 2018. “Ian Flynn: #SonicTheHedgehog #11 is out today. Please be mindful of spoilers. Out-of-context answer to prevent spoilers: duckbill platypus.”
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 Sonic the Hedgehog #11, "The Battle for Angel Island Part 3"
- ↑ Comment on EvanStanley's post. Tumblr (8 December 2018). Retrieved on 8 December 2018. “shadowthewerehog: Dr. Starline is beautiful btw. Kudos to you / Evan Stanley: Thank you! I’m really happy with how he came out. I’m a huge fan of the “evil white-furred echidna guy club” in the Sonic rogues’ gallery, so creating a spiritual successor to that legacy was a dream come true.”