As a result of an experiment gone wrong, Eggman turns into an adorable little creature every time he gets angry.
- Motobug (Video recording)
- Ball Bot (Video recording)
- Beth the Shrew
- Bruce Bandicoot (First appearance)
- Clunk (First appearance)
- Child Monkey
- Comedy Chimp
- Cubot Series
- Dave the Intern
- Dr. Eggman
- Furry Eggman (First appearance)
- Fastidious Beaver
- Fennec Male
- Lady Goat
- Lady Walrus
- Male Fennec
- Mombot (Mentioned)
- Mrs. Vandersnout
- Old Monkey
- Professor Cluckins
- Sheep Villager
- Team Sonic
- Walrus Male
- Wild Cat
- Sonic Boom World
- Amy's Hammer (Video recording)
- Savage Passions Guatamañana Heat (Mentioned)
- Wrist controller
- Purple ray (First appearance)
The episode begins with Dr. Eggman reviewing video clips of Team Sonic displaying their skills. From this, Eggman concludes that if he wants to beat Sonic, he needs physical skills of his own. Since he is no bio-technician, Eggman goes to the library to study mutations. There, Beth the Shrew lends Eggman her library card when his turned out to have been revoked.
While reading, Eggman finds a comic book left behind by Sonic that tells about how the weak Bruce Bandicoot turned into the Unenviable Clunk after being exposed to "purple rays". Eggman decides to build a purple ray device which will mutate him to have powers. However, his experiment goes wrong, and instead of becoming more powerful, Eggman now turns into a cute little purple creature when he gets angry. After morphing for the first time, Eggman starts running around Hedgehog Village for everyone to see, but Orbot and Cubot manage to catch him. The next morning, Eggman wakes up, and Orbot explains his condition. Learning from his books that the effects of purple rays wear off after forty-eight hours, Eggman realizes that all he has to do is stay calm for the next two days to be cured of his condition and believes it will not be hard.
Making a trip to the Village Center to do some shopping, Eggman encounters Team Sonic, who asks him about his connection to the purple creature that they saw Orbot and Cubot chasing. Wanting to keep his condition a secret, Eggman denies having anything to do with it. Agreeing with him (since Eggman is no bio-technician), Team Sonic begins laughing at his shortcomings. This gets Eggman angry, prompting him to morph in public, and the gang realize Eggman is the purple creature. When Eggman comes to after reverting back to normal, Team Sonic and villagers begin to mock him. Sonic in particular provokes Eggman into morphing again. As Eggman runs off with his lackeys, everyone laughs at Eggman - everyone except Beth and Amy.
Eggman decides he needs to learn how to manage his anger, and ends up going to an anger management class, which is ironically taught by Amy. Eggman makes a funny jab about how ironic it is for an emotional time bomb like Amy to be teaching an anger management class, and Amy snaps back at him. As the class proceeds, Amy even brings in Og to teach the class meditation. Amy and Og's teaching eventually work, and Eggman is now relaxed. Later, Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Sticks try messing with Eggman, in hopes of seeing him morph, yet Eggman remains calm.
Back in his lair, Eggman continues to remain calm. When his anger counter says that he only has fifteen minutes left before he is cured however, Beth appears at Eggman's lair. Wanting to cheer Eggman up after all the teasing he had endured, Beth offers Eggman some cookies she had made herself before letting herself into the lair. Although the cookies are bad, Eggman is moved by Beth's kindness. However, Beth ends up falling into Eggman's trash compactor after messing with the HQ room's control panel.
Eggman tries to save Beth, but him and his robots are not small enough to follow Beth through the garbage chute. Eggman has no choice, but to get angry, in hopes of saving Beth. Eggman tries having Orbot insult him, but he cannot tick him off. He then goes to Meh Burger so the bad service can upset him, but Dave gets his order right for once. He then approaches Sonic, yet Sonic apologizes for how he behaved the other day. Eggman tells Sonic about how Beth is in danger, and needs to get angry to save her. Ironically, Eggman gets angry over not getting angry, and morphs. Sonic then grabs Eggman, and quickly takes him back to the lair to save Beth. Eggman saves Beth, and the episode ends showing Eggman meditating in order to stay calm. However, Cubot accidentally spills some soup on Eggman, and it causes Eggman to morph again. It also causes Eggman’s anger timer to reset once more.
- The video clips Dr. Eggman goes through in the beginning of this episode are from earlier episodes in the Sonic Boom television series. Some of these episode include:
- "Eggman's Brother" (where Sonic burries Eggman in sand)
- "Unnamed Episode" (where Tails whacks a Ball Bot).
- "Spacemageddonocalypse" (where Knuckles ground pounds the asteroid on a collision course with earth)
- "Just a Guy" (where Amy clobbers a Motobug)
- "Robots From The Sky Part 2" (where Sticks fights one of the Cubot prototypes)
- Og still resides on the surface of Seaside Island after the events of "Og Man Out".
- Dr. Eggman mentions Mombot, a robot he created in "Mombot".
- In this episode, Gunther has the same character design he had during season one of the Sonic Boom television series.
Title in other languages
|French||Ne m'énervez pas !||Do not make me angry !|
|Polish||Nie denerwuj mnie||Do not make me angry|
|Ukrainian||Не зли мене||Do not make me angry|
- Eight days before this episode aired on Boomerang, Bill Freiberger released the title card for this episode on Twitter as a teaser.
- The name "Guatamañana", which is a part of the title for the book Dr. Eggman had forgotten to return, is a location mentioned in "Tails' Crush" and "Robots From The Sky Part 3".
- Sonic's complaint about comics ending on a cliffhanger, along with his proclamation that he would never let his comics end on one if he had one, is a nod to Archie Comics' Sonic the Hedgehog abruptly ending on a cliffhanger due to the cancellation of the series in April 2017.
- The comic Sonic and Dr. Eggman read in this episode is a parody of The Incredible Hulk, an ongoing Marvel comic book featuring Bruce Banner (whom Bruce Bandicoot is based on) who transforms into the Hulk (whom Clunk is based on) when he gets angry.
- The episode's title is a reference to the iconic line - "Don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry" - from the 1978 The Incredible Hulk television series.
- Anger being the trigger for Eggman's transformation in this episode is also a reference to the Hulk transformation in the Marvel Comics.
- A soundalike of the pop jazz instrumental "Yakety Sax" plays during Orbot and Cubot's hunt for Eggman in the Village Center.
- Casino Night Zone, which is mentioned in this episode, was originally a Zone that first appeared in Sonic the Hedgehog 2 for the Sega Mega Drive.
- Cubot's quote in this episode "What happens in Casino Night Zone, stays in Casino Night Zone" is a parody of the popular expression "What happens in Las Vegas, stays in Las Vegas".
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Sonic Boom: Don't Make Me Angry. Zap2it.com. Retrieved on 27 September 2017.
- ↑ Bill Freiberger on Twitter. Twitter (19 October 2017). Retrieved on 20 October 2017. “Bill Freiberger: 245: As a result of an experiment gone wrong, Eggman turns into an adorable little creature every time he gets angry.”
- ↑ Bill Freiberger on Twitter. Twitter (13 October 2017). Retrieved on 13 October 2017. “Bill Freiberger: Here's the correct #sonicboom preview for next Saturday: Ep. 245, "Don't Make Me Angry" Written by Benoit Grenier.”