- Not to be confused with Eggman's Tomato Sauce.
"Dr. Eggman's Tomato Sauce" is the eighteenth episode in the Sonic Boom television series. It first aired on 11 February 2015 in France and on 21 March 2015 in the United States.
Dr. Eggman markets his own brand of tomato sauce. Does he have ulterior motives or does he just want to share his recipe with the world?
- Child Monkey
- Comedy Chimp
- Dave the Intern
- Dr. Eggman
- Fastidious Beaver
- Ice Cream Vendor
- Lady Goat
- Lady Walrus
- Mayor Fink
- Mike the Ox
- Mrs. Vandersnout
- Old Monkey
- Scrapheap Bot (First appearance)
- Team Sonic
- Walrus Male
- Wild Cat
- Sonic Boom World
- Amy's Hammer
- Eggman's Tomato Sauce (First appearance)
- Meh Burger
- Meh-onnaise (Mentioned)
- Wrist controller
Outside Tails' Workshop, Tails is working on his plane when his friends arrive, inviting him to join them for lunch at Meh Burger. He initially declines the offer, but is eventually convinced to come along when the others show concern over him spending too much time with his plane.
Team Sonic soon enters the Village, but are alarmed when they find Dr. Eggman giving out free samples of "Eggman's Tomato Sauce." Suspicious, Sonic knocks the samples out of the villagers' hands, and Amy accuses Eggman of lacing his sauce with poison. The doctor insists that his food is not poisonous, and when he fails to convince the crowd by personally taste-testing it, he goads Sonic into trying a sample; surprisingly, Sonic finds the tomato sauce to be delicious. Tails buys a few cans in order to analyze their contents at his workshop, but cannot find any readings of questionable ingredients, causing Amy to believe Eggman may have finally reformed himself.
Over the next weeks, Eggman gains popularity over his tomato sauce, even gaining a young admirer in Stratford, much to Sonic's annoyance. When he attempts to complain to Tails, however, his Communicator malfunctions, forcing him to visit Tails for repairs. At the workshop, Sonic finds Knuckles, Amy and Sticks waiting for Tails to fix their electronics as well, but Tails is preoccupied with his plane, also mysteriously unresponsive. Amy has the group break for lunch, with Sonic suggesting they go out to eat instead of having more of Eggman's Tomato Sauce. Upon Team Sonic's departure, the can of tomato sauce reveals a set of insectoid robot legs and scuttles to a piece of machinery, ominously tinkering with it.
Team Sonic are enjoying another meal at Meh Burger when the TV there activates, broadcasting Comedy Chimp having a live talk show with Dr. Eggman for his show at the latter's lair. Eggman explains his sudden change from villainy, though it quickly becomes insults directed at Sonic, who is forced to listen because he cannot turn the TV off. Eggman then shows his amusement of Team Sonic's earlier accusations, revealing that the real threat was not the sauce, but the cans, which were robotic minions who had secretly tampered with everyone's electronics on Seaside Island over the past weeks, turning them into robots. Upon the press of a switch, the cans and electronics become hostile robots and begin attacking the Village. Team Sonic quickly spring into action and destroy numerous electronics, but are soon pursued by Tails' Plane, much to his horror. Refusing to destroy it, Tails stays behind to reclaim his plane while his teammates confront Eggman.
At his lair, Eggman continues his interview (with Comedy Chimp now held hostage) until Team Sonic invades. In response, Eggman pits them against his newest robot: Scrapheap Bot, a compilation of various machinery that is supported by the robot cans. The team have little trouble during this fight, and Amy and Sonic easily damage Scrapheap Bot. Meanwhile, Tails successfully re-wires his plane before it crashes into a large hill and flies off to assist his friends. Things become more challenging for Team Sonic as there is no end to the robot cans, and despite Knuckles and Sticks' combined efforts, Scrapheap Bot repairs the damage it receives. Eggman hastily declares victory and raises his remote in the air, allowing Tails to swoop in, snatch it with his Enerbeam, and then deactivate all of the robots and return the villagers' appliances to normal. Undeterred, Eggman accidentally foils his plan by announcing his intent to repeat it with one of the camcorders broadcasting his evil intentions. Later that evening, Eggman is sulking in his living room, surrounded by boxes of unsold Eggman's Tomato Sauce as a result of his actions.
- When Sonic and his friends were at Tails' Workshop wanting Tails to fix their things, Sticks' left ponytail looked deflated.
- While Team Sonic is first seen eating at Meh Burger, Tails is missing his goggles. However, after the TV turns on, Tails is shown with his goggles on.
- In the Village Center, from when Sticks stands up after throwing her Boomerang through several robots to when she spots Tails' Plane, her eyelashes disappear for a split-second on three separate occasions.
- During Tails' flashbacks with his plane, the plane is at the end shown standing on its two front wheels while the rear wheel floats in midair.
- After the sauce cans put themselves on Scrapheap Bot's upper torso, they disappear as the camera zooms out.
- When Sticks tries pulling off the head on Scrapheap Bot, her eyelashes disappear for a split-second.
- When Sonic picks up Sticks after she has torn Scrapheap Bot's head off, Sticks' eyelashes disappear for a split second.
The first draft of the script for "Dr. Eggman's Tomato Sauce" was made on June 14, 2013.
Title in other languages
|Brazilian Portuguese||O Molho Especial do Dr. Eggman||The Special Sauce of Dr. Eggman|
|Chinese||艾格曼牌番茄酱||Eggman Brand Tomato Paste|
|Finnish||Tri.Eggmanin tomaattikeitto||Dr. Eggman's tomato soup|
|French||La sauce tomate du Dr Eggman||Dr. Eggman's Tomato Sauce|
|German||Dr. Eggmans Tomaten Soße||Dr. Eggman's tomato sauce|
|Hungarian||Dr. Tojáshegy paradicsomszósza||Dr. Eggman's tomato sauce|
|Italian||Chef Eggman||Chef Eggman|
|Japanese||エッグマンのトマトソース||Eggman's tomato sauce|
|Korean||에그맨표 토마토 소스||Dr. Eggman's Tomato Sauce|
|Polish||Sos pomidorowy Doktora Eggmana||Dr. Eggman's Tomato Sauce|
|Romanian||Sosul de tomate al lui Eggman||Eggman's tomato sauce|
|Russian||Соус доктора Эггмана||Dr. Eggman's sauce|
|Spanish (Latin America)||La Salsa de Tomate del Dr. Eggman||Dr. Eggman's Tomato Sauce|
|Turkish||Dr. Eggman'in Domates Sosu||Dr. Eggman's Tomato Sauce|
|Ukrainian||Томатний соус доктора Еґмана||Tomato sauce by Dr. Eggman|
- The weaponized jukebox that Tails fights in the village is that same one seen in Sonic's Shack in the video game Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal.
- The concept of the electronic appliances being turned into evil robots by Dr. Eggman is similar to the plot of the episode "Mean Machines" in the Sonic X anime series.
- The scene shown just before Sonic runs into town after the scene with Tails' Workshop is the same as the opening scene for "Buster".
- This episode marks the first reappearance of the Enerbeam in the show since "The Sidekick."
- Its role in this episode served as a callback to "The Sidekick".
- Amy's Ancient Artifact Analyzer may be a callback to Amy's skills as an archaeologist which were prominently displayed in Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric and Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal.
- In Brazil, Latin America, Italy and Russia, this episode is number twenty-six in season one.
- ↑ Sonic Boom : Dr. Eggman's Tomato Sauce. Zap2it.com. Retrieved on 28 February 2015.
- ↑ Novembro de 2015 no Cartoon Network - ANMTV.com.br (Brazilian Portuguese). Retrieved on 13 July 2016.
- ↑ Cartoon Network - Schedule (2015/11/9). Retrieved on 8 March 2017.
- ↑ Alean Denton on Twitter. Twitter (21 March 2015). Retrieved on 26 March 2015. “Alan Denton: Want a #SonicBoom inside fact? The first draft of script for Dr. Eggman's Tomato Sauce was written on June 14th…of 2013.”
- ↑ Bill Freiberger on Twitter. Twitter (21 March 2015). Retrieved on 26 March 2015. “Elliot Matteson: 1) Tails loving a piece of Ancients tech seems hazardous for his health. 2) Why is Tails the only one using the enerbeam? / Bill Freiberger: 2) Enerbeam is good for game play but isn't as useful in a comedy show. But there's a "Sidekick" enerbeam callback coming soon.”