[Scene: Eggman's Lair]
- [Orbot and Cubot are lying on the floor.]
- Orbot: What happened to us last night? My head is spinning.
- Cubot: That's not spinning! This is! [Spins his head around] Oh, that was a mistake. I hope whatever we did yesterday didn't involve a heavy meal.
- Orbot: I'll check my memory array. [Loads] Curious. Last night's memory file appears to have been erased. Check yours.
- [Cubot nods his head. His file stops loading partway through. Orbot presses Cubot's eyes, and they close. Cubot reboots himself.]
- Cubot: Where was I?
- Orbot: Perhaps Dr. Eggman knows something about this. Dr. Eggman! Sir?
- [They check the next room.]
- Orbot: That's odd. Usually by this time he's telling us how inadequate we are. It appears as though he's completely vanished.
- Cubot: Uh, so wait, Dr. E ain't here? I can do whatever I want? I'm gonna kick over that garbage can!
- [Cubot tries to kick the garbage can, but he fails. Orbot comes and he knocks the garbage can over.]
- Cubot: That'll teach you to mess with me, doc!
- Orbot: We need to figure out what happened to us last night and find Dr. Eggman. [Thinks] But, where to start?
[Scene Change: Sonic's Shack, Day]
- Sonic: What do you two bolt-bags want?
- Cubot: Oh, my own talk show, long blonde hair, taste buds...
- Orbot: But that's not why we're here; we seemed to have misplaced Dr. Eggman. Did you and he perchance battle yesterday?
- Knuckles: Oh, we battled alright; I remember it like it was yesterday.
- Sonic: It was yesterday.
- Knuckles: What was?
[Fantasy: Countryside, Day]
- [Eggman has his Badniks and cackles evilly.]
- Dr. Eggman: I've got you now!
- [In Knuckles' fantasy, Sonic is cowardly and Knuckles is the brave one. Sonic begins panicking.]
- Sonic (Knuckles' Fantasy): Oh no, I guess we have no other choice but to give up! [He begins to run away, but the scene pauses. The real Sonic comes up.]
- Sonic: Hey, that's not how it-- [The real Knuckles shushes him, and the scene continues. Sonic runs away and slams right into a tree.]
- Knuckles: [groans] I'll handle this! [He runs towards Eggman and knocks away the Badniks. He skids to a stop in front of Eggman, who begins whimpering and gently pounding Knuckles' chest.] Now, you've made me mad. [Knuckles leaps into the sky, and his body is coated by energy. He launches a blast of energy towards Eggman, who opens an umbrella to protect himself. However, it is burnt down by the energy blast. Eggman sobs as Knuckles lands on the ground.]
- Amy: What a dreamboat! [She and Sticks come up to Knuckles and hug him.]
- Sonic: I wanna be just like you when I grow up.
- Tails: Knuckles, you've been elected governor!
- Knuckles: All in a day's work! [He smiles at the camera and flies up into the sky, eventually heading up into space as his fantasy ends.]
[End of Fantasy: Sonic's Shack, Day]
- [Knuckles is standing proudly, but Sonic is unimpressed by Knuckles' imagination.]
- Orbot: That's all very nice, but I believe we were inquiring as to the whereabouts of Dr. Eggman.
- Sonic: Yeah, after we, as a team, defeated Eggman, he retreated toward the marketplace.
- Orbot: Many thanks. [He and Cubot head off.]
- Knuckles: Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to write my acceptance speech. What rhymes with "governor"? [Sonic stares at the audience.]
[Scene Change: Hedgehog Village, Day]
- Orbot: Keep your optical sensors peeled, Cubot. There must be a clue around here somewhere.
- Mike: Hey, you two! Oh, you got a lot of nerve coming around here after what Eggman pulled last night!
- Orbot: Dr. Eggman was here?
- Mike: He was, and he tried to make me the victim of his most evil scheme to date!
[Flashback: Hedgehog Village, Evening]
- [Eggman is standing outside Mike's shop. Interestingly, he is holding the very same burnt umbrella from Knuckles' fantasy in real life.]
- Dr. Eggman: I'd like to return this umbrella.
- Mike: You can't expect a refund for that! It's broken!
- Dr. Eggman: What are you talking about? It works fine! See? [Eggman repeatedly opens and closes the remains of the top of the umbrella, but one of the ribs cracks.]