|This character exists primarily or exclusively within the Archie Comics continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
I fear no evil...
— Duo, Mega Man #27
Duo is a character that appears in the Mega Man comic series, and the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series and its spin-offs, published by Archie Comics. He is an extraterrestrial space police robot from the year 20XX in Mega Man's World. An ally of Mega Man, his mission is to seek out and destroy evil energies. He aided the heroes in battling Dr. Wily and Dr. Eggman when both his universe and Mobius Prime were reset by the second Genesis Wave.
Realizing the danger threatening his world following the second Genesis Wave, Dr. Light sent a distress signal to Duo, who was meditating in orbit around Saturn. Duo immediately began traveling towards Earth, making his landing in Light Labs, where he could sense the presence of evil. Duo was quickly transported by Roll and Auto to the Skull Egg Zone, where he met Dr. Light outside the Wily Egg. Entering the flying fortress, Duo found Sonic the Hedgehog and Mega Man battling the Chaos Devil, and quickly took over for them in order to rid the creature of its evil. He also informed the two heroes of the Skull Egg Zone's parasitic effect on their respective realities.
The resulting battle threatened to tear the Wily Egg apart, but Duo eventually succeeded in splitting the creature back into Chaos and the Devil Core, crushing the latter and looking on with the former as the doctors' Super Genesis Wave began to rewrite reality. Following the defeat of Doctors Wily and Eggman, Super Armor Mega Man used Chaos Control to return his reality back to normal, with Duo returning to his original place in his timeline.
Duo is a powerful but noble being, determined to see justice done and evil destroyed. Having formed a bond with Dr. Light and Mega Man, he was quick to respond to the doctor's call for assistance.
Powers and abilities
Duo is immensely powerful, being able to defeat the Chaos Devil with relative ease, whereas both Sonic and Mega Man were powerless against said beast. He capable of independent flight and receiving communications from across vast distances. He also has the ability to sense evil forces, whether in environments or individuals. Energy manipulation also appears to be a talent of his, as he can employ it against enemies or use it to impart his own strength to others, be they living or artificial beings.
- At the time of the "Worlds Collide", Duo had not yet made a decisive introduction into the Mega Man comic series. In game canon, Duo first appeared in Mega Man 8, a game which had not yet been adapted by the comic when the crossover began. However, he made a brief appearance during Mega Man's time traveling excursions in Mega Man #20.
- ↑ Sonic Universe #52, "When Worlds Collide Part Five: The Advance Guard"
- ↑ Sonic Universe #53, "When Worlds Collide Part Eight: Liberation"
- ↑ Mega Man #27, "When Worlds Collide Part Ten: No Holds Barred"
- ↑ Sonic Universe #54, "When Worlds Collide Part Eleven: Worst of the Worst"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #251, "When Worlds Collide Finale: Best of the Best"