Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|This character exists primarily or exclusively within the Post-Super Genesis Wave continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
- For the version of this character before the Super Genesis Wave, see E-106 Eta (Pre-Super Genesis Wave).
E-106 Eta is a character who appears in the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series and its spin-offs published by Archie Comics. It is the seventh unit in the E-100 Series line, created by Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik either during or after his campaign to harness the power of Chaos.
E-106 Eta has a standard model structure similar to the rest of the E-100 Series, with the addition of the arm jackhammers it was gifted. It is colored light blue and gold with a pair of black plating, one per each shoulder. It has orange eyes.
Shattered World Crisis
During the Shattered World Crisis, Dr. Eggman needed Charles the Hedgehog and Professor Dillon Pickle, two scientists associated with the tremors made by the fractured planet. Thus, he commanded E-106 Eta and its Badnik Horde to capture the two scientists and bring them to the Bullet Station facility at the Rail Canyon Zone. E-106 Eta was successful at doing so, and sealed the professors inside the Bullet Train. However, thanks to Ben Muttski, the Freedom Fighters had chased down the Egg Train. Nicole the Holo-Lynx was sent to hack and stop the train, only for her to be ambushed by Eta. She successfully escaped, but did not stop the train. However, she unintentionally made the train speed up. While searching for the professors, Sonic the Hedgehog found the two scientists in a cart, but Eta had quickly made its way over to ambush the Blue Blur.
Sonic had quickly faced against Eta, but Uncle Chuck was pushed against the glass he was sealed in when the train made a sharp turn, subduing him. Sonic, distracted, was then trapped against Eta's jackhammers. Luckily, Amy Rose intervened against the fight and began helping Sonic. The two were successful at destroying Eta's right jackhammer arm and its legs, and managed to escape from Eta's hands when the Freedom Fighters successfully rescued the two scientists. Eta was then trapped within the hole on the roof of the cart in an attempt to stop Sonic and Amy from escaping, which, when it arrived at the Bullet Station, Eggman was not pleasant about the robot's incompetence.
E-106 Eta was one of several Badniks sent to Eggmanland to defend it from Tails, Sally, Antoine, and Bunnie's assault on the refinery during the eve of the Shattered World Crisis. Although it put up a fight, Eta was eventually bought down by Bunnie with a single energy charged punch; while being held in place by Sally and Antoine.
E-106 Eta is silent, emotionless and unwaveringly dedicated to disposing the enemies of Dr. Eggman. However, it is quite single-minded when dealing with its foes, showing no care about causing collateral damage to the surroundings despite the risks.
Powers and abilities
Unlike the other models in the E-100 Series, E-106 Eta's strength lies in melee combat rather than long-ranged laser cannon attacks.
Eta's arms are build like pistons which ends with two large durable spikes. With them, Eta is able to apply enough force to its strikes that it can drive its spikes through considerable thick layers of metal with ease. It is also high durable and resilient to damage; it took the combined strength of both Amy and Sonic to significantly damage it, and even then it continued to operate.
- E-106 Eta's role within the Post-Super Genesis Wave timeline was originally meant for the character E-107 Theta according to the official solicitation of Sonic the Hedgehog #258. However, because Theta was previously mentioned in the Pre-Super Genesis Wave timeline (specifically during the Light Mobius saga) and the fact that Ian Flynn wanted to avoid any further lawsuit with Ken Penders (this was immediately after the lawsuit between Archie Comics and Ken Penders), Theta was replaced by Eta.
- E-106 Eta was accidentally named "E-107 Eta" in Sonic the Hedgehog #257, most likely as part of the switch between Eta and Theta as elaborated above.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Sonic the Hedgehog #257 - "Damage Control"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Sonic the Hedgehog #258 - "The Chase - Part One"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Sonic the Hedgehog #259 - "The Chase - Part Two"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #285, "Panic in the Sky Part Two: Falling into Place"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #286, "Panic in the Sky Part Three: Colossal Crash"
- ↑ Ian Flynn (16 November 2013). Sonic the Hedgehog #258, Sonic Universe #61, & more previews. BumbleKing Comics. Archived from the original on 18 July 2015.