|This character exists primarily or exclusively within the Post-Super Genesis Wave continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
- For the version of this character before the Super Genesis Wave, see E-108 Iota (Pre-Super Genesis Wave).
E-108 Iota is a character who appears in the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series and its spin-offs published by Archie Comics. It is the ninth unit in the E-100 Series robot group created by Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik.
E-108 Iota is an E-100 Series robot that has a body structure based on a regular bird. It is colored grey with a white rectangular-chest on its torso. It has a black and yellow hood-cap, green eyes, and a pair of bird claws colored yellow. It also has small red spikes atop its head closer to the back.
Shattered World Crisis
During the Shattered World Crisis, Sally Acorn, Antoine D'Coolette, and Bunnie D'Coolette snuck to the Sand Hill Zone to collect a Chaos Emerald. However, Iota ambushed Bunnie, while Kappa and Lambda ambushed Antoine and Sally, respectively. Despite numerous traps to aid it however, the Freedom Fighters were able to escape Iota, albeit without the Chaos Emerald.
Dr. Eggman then sent Iota to guard his stored Gaia energy in Eggman Land, along with four of his brothers. While E-106 Eta kept Sally, Antoine and Bunnie at bay, Iota went toe-to-toe with Miles "Tails" Prower in the skies. However, it was eventually destroyed by multiple shots from Tails' Tornado 2.
Powers and abilities
Because of its unique structure, Iota has the ability to glide in the air with its built-in robotic wings, being fast enough to outspeed Bunnie Rabbot and keep up with the Tornado. Iota is also capable emitting a laser beam or fire homing missiles from it's claw area. It has enough combat capability to briefly engage the Sky Patrol in a dog fight.
- Iota, Kappa, and Lambda were based off Scratch, Grounder, and Coconuts, respectively, from the Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog animated series.
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #266, "Ambushed! Part One"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #267, "Ambushed! Part Two"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #285, "Panic in the Sky Part Two: Falling into Place"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #286, "Panic in the Sky Part Three: Colossal Crash"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog Volume 4: Control, "Afterword - By Ian Flynn"