The Egg Dragoon is the final part of the third boss in Sonic Forces. It is fought in Green Hill's "VS. Eggman" stage, which is the eleventh stage in Sonic Forces, and the third Classic Sonic stage in the game. It follows directly after the Eggman boss fight in the same stage.
The battle takes place in the same place as the Eggman boss fight. During the battle, the Egg Dragoon will hover around in the background, out of the player's reach. From there, it will launch attacks at Classic Sonic, like the Drill Attack (where it fires several drills in succession) or Fire Beam (where it fires fire bullets from its cannon), while flying from side to side. After launching its attacks, the Egg Dragoon will fly further into the background and start digging into the ground, launching several rocks and terrain debris at Classic Sonic. Black rocks from the Egg Dragoon can be knocked back towards the Egg Dragoon with a simple Spin Jump, which in turn will inflict one hit worth of damage on this boss. Brown terrain debris on the other hand gets destroyed when the player attacks them.
To defeat the Egg Dragoon, the player has to hit it with black rocks a total of eight times.
- This boss fight differs greatly from the previous Egg Dragoon boss fights:
- This is the first time that the Egg Dragoon is not the penultimate boss of the game.
- This is the first time that the Egg Dragoon is not fought in Eggmanland.
- This is the first Egg Dragoon boss fight to feature a different piece of background music.
- This is the first time that the Egg Dragoon does not use any Ice-related attacks during the fight.
- This boss fight shares similarities with the Death Egg Robot boss fight in Sonic Mania as they are usually the last bosses in their game appearances but are now fought by Classic Sonic in Green Hill.
- This will be the first time Classic Sonic fights a Modern Sonic boss.
- According to Dr. Eggman at the start of the fight, the Egg Dragoon is only 10% weaker than its last incarnation, though Tails states that he is bluffing.
- When he says this also depended on how the player managed to beat the prior form: If the player beat the prior form while Eggman was still talking to Tails, the player has to only land the first hit on Egg Dragoon for him to make this claim. If the player beats the prior form after Eggman has finished talking with Tails, he will make this claim at the start of the fight.
|"Battle with Egg Dragoon Mk. II"||Naofumi Hataya||3:21|