- For the boss in the Nintendo 3DS version of Sonic Generations, see Egg Emperor (Sonic Generations). For the giant robot in Sonic X, see E-99 Eggsterminator.
Egg Emperor returns as the Modern boss for the 3DS version of Sonic Generations.
The player must chase the Egg Emperor continuously or else it will charge at him or her. To beat it the player must hit the center target located on the chest of the robot. It uses three different attacks:
- It slices its lance through the air, creating laser blasts which can damage the player.
- It launches several rockets at the player.
- It charges at the player (this requires a large distance between the player and the Egg Emperor).
The Egg Emperor also releases weaker robots to protect itself, as well as carrying a shield for defense. This shield is destroyable.
Though its charge is unstoppable, it can be dodged with all four teams. The player will either have to perfectly execute Fire Combination in Power formation or a Rocket Accel in Speed formation with perfect timing.
First, the player must use the Homing Attack on the Power Cores in front of his or her team. At the end of the pathway, the player must switch to flight-formation, fly to the boost ring and grab the balloon. When he or she lands, switch back into speed-formation and catch up to the Emperor. The Emperor will alternate between swinging his sword in combos of four and shooting rockets throughout the battle. At the end of the second pathway, the player must switch to power-formation and hit the target to grab another balloon. Next, the player must switch to flight-formation, fly upward, and continuously perform Thunder Shoot. Also use power-formation Fire Dunk to blast the shield. While in the air, the Emperor will be unable to hit him or her with any sword swipes. But he or she will still have to dodge the rockets. After a while he will fly to the next stretch of pathway. The player should use Tornado Spin on the pole. If he or she uses it, it must be right after the Emperor charges at the player, any later and the Emperor will strike you in mid-air. The player must use the Dash Ramp and repeat the steps until the battle is over.
Another way to beat the Emperor is when it puts its shield up, the flight character must Thunder Shoot and Team Blast it and disable it. While he's frozen, the speed character should land in as many homing attacks as possible. Then, when it runs, the player should chase him to the next platform. This process must be repeated until the Emperor is defeated.
- "Hmmm! Enough of this!Sonic! Tails! Knuckles! / Shadow! Rouge! Omega! / Amy! Cream! Big! / Espio! Charmy! Vector! Time to meet your maker!" - Egg Emperor before the cutscene ends.
- "I'll show you what real evil is!" - Egg Emperor introduction.
- "Take this!" - When Egg Emperor is slicing spears.
- "Ha ha ha!" - When Egg Emperor is launching missiles.
- "Charge!" - When Egg Emperor is charging at the player's team.
- "It's not over yet, troublesome fools!" - After being damaged several times.
- "I won't go down that easy!" - When close to defeat.
- "Defeated! Impossible! Nooooooooo!" - When Egg Emperor is defeated.
- In Sonic X, the Egg Fort II transforms into the Egg Emperor called the "Eggsterminator" in the 4Kids dub. The reason the name was changed was likely to avoid confusion with the Egg Emperor of Sonic Heroes.
- Hitting the weak spot on Egg Emperor with Thunder Shoot without stopping is the best way to get an A rank because it will stop him from moving and damage him.
- The Egg Emperor bears a lot of resemblance to Metal Robotnik from Sonic the Hedgehog: The Movie.
- In the cutscene before you battle the Egg Emperor, Eggman says everyone's name in a order. He first says the speed type, then the flight type and then the power type.
- This is the boss of the Modern Era in the 3DS version of Sonic Generations.
- In the Nintendo 3DS version of Sonic Generations, Eggman is the pilot of the Egg Emperor, unlike how Neo Metal Sonic was in Sonic Heroes.
- Silver's Psychic Knife is similar to the Egg Emperor's lance slashes.
- In Sonic Heroes, Egg Emperor is colored a dark bronze, but in Sonic Generations, Egg Emperor is a lighter shade of gold.
- This is Eggman's one of two robots that is named after a ruling figure. The other is the Egg King from Sonic Rush.