The Egg Fighter is the main model of the robots that appear in Sonic Unleashed. It could wield a buzz-saw sword, normal shield, an electric shield, a spring shield, or nothing at all. Each has a variety of attacks, depending on the variation.
Egg Fighters are accompanied by some powerful robots, such as the Aero Chasers, which are robots with jet packs and lasers, and finally the Interceptor, a huge robot that flew and dogged Sonic through many stages.
JazwaresAlong with Eggman, two Egg Fighter figures were made by Jazwares to celebrate the release of Sonic Generations.
- In Act 1 of Windmill Isle day (and the DLC version of that level) the Egg Fighters have a reddish orange color scheme unlike their usual steel color. Strangely, these Egg Fighters will not attack you no matter what.
- The Egg Fighter's appearance looks very similar to Arms, a Badnik that appeared in Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog and Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine.
- The hands of the Egg Fighters are the Little Fighters, who have autonomous AI which allows them to fight after they are dismembered from the rest of the body. They are rarely seen in in-game levels, but are more notable as the controllers of the Egg Devil Ray and Egg Lancer's pilots.
- The Egg Fighters are similar to the SWATbots from Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood.
- In Eggmanland, an Egg Fighter Knight variation with an electric shield appears only once.