The Egg Wizard (エッグウィザード Egguu~izādo?) is the hidden true final boss of Sonic Rush Adventure. It is a giant wizard-theme mech that was used by Dr. Eggman and Dr. Eggman Nega to harness the Power of the Stars with the Jeweled Scepter. However, it was destroyed by Super Sonic and Burning Blaze.
The Egg Wizard was used by Dr. Eggman and Dr. Eggman Nega to appear before Sonic, Blaze, Tails and Marine on Southern Island after the doctors stole the Jeweled Scepter. Announcing themselves as the masterminds behind Captain Whisker and the previous theft of the Jeweled Scepter, the doctors headed underground in the Egg Wizard to unlock the Power of the Stars to create a multidimensional Eggmanland across Sonic's world and Blaze's world.
Having the Egg Wizard wield the Jeweled Scepter, the doctors infused the mech with the Power of the Stars, increasing its power immeasurably. As Eggman Nega boasted that he would destroy Blaze's kingdom with this power, Sonic and Blaze transformed into Super Sonic and Burning Blaze with the Chaos Emeralds and Sol Emeralds, and engaged the Egg Wizard. As the Egg Wizard stood to lose, Eggman Nega, in a fit of madness, tried using its "Planet-Buster Laser" on Sonic and Blaze. However, he was distracted by a blast from Marine, allowing Sonic and Blaze to counterattack, with Sonic landing the blow that blew up the Egg Wizard.
Powers and abilities
With the Power of the Stars-infused Jeweled Scepter in its possession, the Egg Wizard is one of the most powerful robots ever used by Dr. Eggman and Dr. Eggman Nega (along with the Egg Salamander). Its power surpasses both the Chaos Emeralds and Sol Emeralds', and just a fraction of it could destroy Blaze's entire kingdom. Super Sonic even stated that he and Burning Blaze had no chance against the Egg Wizard on their own. The sheer force of its power can create earthquakes and when channeled, it can destroy entire planets.
On its own, the Egg Wizard is capable of flight at speeds matching that of Super Sonic and Burning Blaze. It can also launch excessively large missiles and restore itself at will.
During its battle in Deep Core, the Egg Wizard wielded the Jeweled Scepter, an ancient scepter capable of tapping into the Power of the Stars, which is the source of the mech's strength. With it, the Egg Wizard can perform magical-based attacks. These include projecting fire orbs of varying intensity, conjuring up explosive dragon-based homing projectiles made of fire, generate electrical balls that can turn into beams with enough strength to paralyze even a Super State user, and summon meteors. Its ultimate attack however, is its "Planet-Buster Laser", a large energy blast which can destroy a whole planet.
The first section has the Egg Wizard flying away and Super Sonic and Burning Blaze must catch up. The Egg Wizard has three attacks to start out with when Sonic and Blaze catch up. One of them is firing fire balls at them. The green ones go slowly at them, while the blue ones go faster. Sonic can deflect both types, damaging the Egg Wizard. He will also shoot three fire dragons that will home in on the player and explode on contact. These can also be deflected. He will also fire a flaming stone at them, which will let out a large shockwave when it hits. Although it can be deflected, it must be deflected with Sonic's attack at full charge. Plus, it will take the mech a short while to target the attack, so Blaze can attack with her fireballs in the meantime. After taking a large amount of damage, the Egg Wizard will regain some of his health, and get two new attacks. He will shoot out a large wave of lava that the player must avoid. He will also fire electrical charges that will stun the player for a few seconds. After losing most of his health, he will regain some of it again, and get a new attack. Now it can fire large missiles at the player. The missiles with rounded tips can be deflected by Sonic. The player must keep fighting until the Egg Wizard's health is completely gone, and the game will be completed.
- This is one of the two bosses in Sonic Rush Adventure (the other is Captain Whisker and Johnny) that does not have the prefix "Ghost" in its title, and the only one to have an "Egg" prefix.
- The way Sonic finishes Egg Wizard is similar to how he finished Perfect Dark Gaia in Sonic Unleashed.
- Like in Sonic Unleashed, both final boss battles also take place in underground areas.
- Some of Super Sonic and Burning Blaze's voice clips are reused from the final fight in Sonic Rush.
- Part of the music used in this battle would be later used on Rotatatron and Refreshinator from Sonic Colors.
- ↑ Sonic Team, Dimps (September 14, 2007). Sonic Rush Adventure. Nintendo DS. Sega. Level/area: Deep Core. "Dr. Eggman: I never imagined that this sort of power was even possible! Even the Chaos Emeralds and Sol Emeralds can't compare to this! Mwa ha ha ha ha!"
- ↑ Sonic Team, Dimps (September 14, 2007). Sonic Rush Adventure. Nintendo DS. Sega. Level/area: Deep Core. "Dr. Eggman Nega: It was your royal family that kept the scepter nice and safe for all these generations. Now that they've served that purpose, though, I have no further need of them. It will take only a fraction of this power to wipe your kingdom off the map! Haahaha!"
- ↑ Sonic Team, Dimps (September 14, 2007). Sonic Rush Adventure. Nintendo DS. Sega. Level/area: Deep Core. "Super Sonic: Blaze! We can't beat them unless we work together!"