"Eggheads" is the eighth episode in the Sonic Boom television series. It aired on 6 December 2014 in the United States and on 10 December 2014 in France.
Eggman turns Amy, Sticks, Tails, and Knuckles into evil clones of himself. Sonic must figure out how to restore them even as they attack him.
- Ballot Stuffer Bot
- Gogoba Chief (First appearance)
- Cross Eyed Moose (First appearance)
- Dr. Eggman
- Sonic Cookie Eggman (First appearance)
- Team Sonic
- Sonic Boom World
- Amy's Hammer
- Disintegrator Ray (First appearance)
- Evil Cookie (First appearance)
- Wrist controller
During a stormy night in the laboratory of his lair, Dr. Eggman is cooking up his perhaps most diabolical scheme yet. Orbot and Cubot stand by in terror and watch as Eggman picks out one of his mustache hairs and places it in a large machine which goes to work. With a loud "ping", Eggman's creation is done, which the doctor reveals to his minions is cookies. Orbot is dumbfounded over the fact that that is what Eggman was making, but Eggman assures him that they are "Evil Cookies": in truth, these cookies contain Eggman's DNA and anyone who eats them will become a clone of him, complete with personality patterns and intellect.
Soon after, Ballot Stuffer Bot places a basket of the doctor's cookies at Sonic's Shack. Sonic quickly finds the cookies (and is reminded of an awkward incident involving Knuckles popping out of a cake), but before he can eat one, he gets a message from Tails who needs his help stopping his own rampaging vacuum-robot. Sonic therefore leaves the cookies behind, much to the frustration of Eggman, who is monitoring the cookies from his lair.
While Sonic is away helping Tails stop his rogue robot in Tails' Workshop, Knuckles, Amy and Sticks come by Sonic's Shack one by one and fall under the effects of the cookies by eating one each, which only frustrates Eggman more. When Sonic returns to his shack with Tails, only one cookie is left. Sonic tries to eat it, but Tails convinces him to let him have it as he likes cookies with chocolate chunks, which annoys Eggman one last time. This saves Sonic from being affected by the cookie but it instead affects Tails.
Later, at Eggman's lair, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, and Sticks have gathered there (each having grown a mustache like Eggman's) where they now are evil geniuses and plot Sonic's destruction. Though this development was not planned for, Eggman is delighted as he now has four evil geniuses under his command (or three evil geniuses and, as Knuckles calls himself, "an evil mastermind of average intelligence"). Because they start arguing due to lack of experience, however, Eggman decides to give them a crash-course in villainy. Eggman then begins tutoring Tails, Knuckles, Amy, and Sticks in berating their underlings, surveillance of their subjects, proper mustache care, lesson numbering, and target practice with Disintegrator Rays. Orbot and Cubot, though, cannot handle suffering under so many evil geniuses, so they find Sonic and tell him of what has transpired.
Inside his lair, Eggman is holding exams for his new allies where the topic is how to capture Sonic. Just then, Sonic breaks in and Eggman turns their written exam into a practical, ordering Tails, Knuckles, Amy, and Sticks to attack him. Sonic, however, does not want to fight back against his friends and tries to talk them out of it without success. As Sonic is cornered by his friends and robots alike, Eggman proclaims that he has finally captured Sonic. However, Amy, Tails, Sticks, and Knuckles quickly begin to argue over who deserves that honor which breaks down into an all-out brawl.
Sonic and Eggman take cover from the fighting and Sonic gets an idea after seeing Eggman's evil cookie-making machine. Blasting his way over to the machine, Sonic makes a cookie with his own DNA which he feeds to an involuntary Eggman. Now turned blue and endowed with Sonic's heroism and powers, Sonic Cookie Eggman helps Sonic fight the latter's evil friends and his own robots. Sonic then has Eggman hold them off while he runs back home to find hair from each of his friends that contain their original DNA (though he is grossed out by Sticks using her hair to create a doll), bringing the hairs back to the fortress where he and Eggman make evil cookies from them. Sonic then has his friends eat their cookies, turning each of them back to their normal selves. The good Eggman now thinks that they will be working together from now on, but Team Sonic is not happy about that idea, so Sticks feeds Eggman one of his own cookies, turning him back to normal too. Eggman then tells Team Sonic off and walks away to plot his next evil scheme.
- During the shot when Eggman said "Evil Cookies" for their reveal, Eggman was on a different background, but apparently it's the same background as the next shot where Cubot went to get the "evil milk".
- In the scene where Sonic's friends first gathered at Eggman's lair to plot Sonic's destruction, Knuckles' irises were darkened to near black during his second shot.
- When Eggman took the cookies with Sonic's friends' DNA his jacket colors returned to normal.
Title in other languages
|Finnish||Monta pahista||Many villains|
|French||Moustaches party||Mustache Party|
|German||Eggmans Geschöpfe||Eggman's Creatures|
|Italian||Tutti contro Sonic||All against Sonic|
|Turkish||Bir Sürü Eggman||A Herd of Eggman|
- The weightlifting gear Sonic retrieved Knuckles' DNA from is the same one first seen in "Buster".
- Eggman calling Sonic a "blue rat" is the same name the Erazor Djinn called Sonic in Sonic and the Secret Rings.
- This is the last Sonic Boom episode to premiere in 2014.
- The wooden Sonic figure in the episode strongly resembles Sonic's trophy in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U.
- The Gogoba Chief's cameo and role in this episode subtly hints towards the storyline of "Guilt Tripping".
- The comb during one of the lessons is the same one seen on the "Moustache Grooming kit" toy in Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal.
- The rings on the cake Knuckles pops out on are based on the Rings from the video games.
- This episode aired in Finland as the eleventh episode in the series.
- This is the first episode in the Sonic Boom television series to not have its storyboard artist listed on its international title card.