|This group exists primarily or exclusively within the Post-Super Genesis Wave continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
- For the version of this organization before the Super Genesis Wave, see Eggman Empire (Pre-Super Genesis Wave).
The Eggman Empire is a political body that appears in the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series and its spin-offs published by Archie Comics. It is a technology-based empire ruled by the tyrannical Dr. Eggman that seeks to lay claim to Sonic's World. It has claimed parts of the planet through the might of its Egg Army and Badnik Horde, as well as the advanced technology created by Eggman and his underlings. However, the empire faces continued opposition in the form of nations such as the Kingdom of Acorn, Avalon, and the United Federation, as well as in small groups of Freedom Fighters, the most notable being led by Sonic the Hedgehog.
The empire saw its beginnings after Dr. Eggman worked his way into the confidence of King Acorn of Westside Island. Having gained the trust of the king, Eggman betrayed him and royal wizard Walter Naugus and banished both of them to the Special Zone. Seizing the city of Mobotropolis, he forced many of its denizens to flee to Knothole Village in the Wood Zone, and gained the usage of Professor Charles the Hedgehog's Roboticizer machine. However, the Freedom Fighters eventually rose and challenged Eggman's rule, and succeeded in rescuing their king and reclaiming their home city. From that point on, they continued to oppose Eggman's attempts to spread his dominion across the planet.
Shattered World Crisis
- Note: From the readers point of view, this picks up from where the Eggman Empire's original timeline ended.
Armed forces and enforcers
- Badnik Horde: Various forces of Badnik that occupy various regions of the world to supplement Eggman's Mobian lieutenants. A special type of Robot called a Badnik Horde Commander is sent to back up and control hordes of robots, Silver Sonic is one such type of Horde Commander. Robots such as Metal Sonic and Tails Doll may also fall into the category of Badnik Horde robots.
- E-100 Series: An elite force of non-mass produced fighting robots developed by Eggman. A number of units have been destroyed and E-123 Omega is known to have defected, but some remain in service.
- E-1000: A line of robots that saw multiple productions of the same model, apparently inspired by the E-100 robots.
- Egg Army: Cyborgs who serve as Dr. Eggman's sentient enforcers across the world, known collectively as Egg Soldiers. The Egg Army appears to be made up largely of a Mobian membership, with soldiers paying allegiance to their Egg Boss as well as Dr. Eggman.
- Mercenaries: The empire occasionally hires Mobian criminals to accomplish tasks that it's operatives are unable to perform due to crises or other factors. Notable mercenaries on the empire's payroll are the Hooligans.
While the Eggman Empire has not claimed control over the majority of Sonic's World, it has still managed to build bases within certain territories that give the empire a degree of control in some parts of the world. However, its influence is usually prevented from spreading anymore thanks to the efforts of the local Freedom Fighters and G.U.N. forces.
|This article or section about a TV and comics information is a stub. |
You can help the Sonic News Network by expanding it!