- For the playable stage, see Eggmanland (stage). For other capitals and locations controlled by Doctor Eggman, see Eggman Empire.
The national flag of Eggmanland
Unnamed island on Earth's northern hemisphere
Eggmanland is the dark, hi-tech, amusement park-like base of operations of Doctor Eggman and final level of Sonic Unleashed. It is Eggman's utopia and dreamland that he has finally founded over the last Gaia Temple and was created from the dark energy of Dark Gaia. It is also located at the Earth's Core. Several of its products can be bought from the Eggshop.
In the Xbox 360/PS3 version of Sonic Unleashed, unlike previous levels, Eggmanland is not separated into day or nighttime acts. It is actually in fact one long level that takes several minutes to complete. Sonic can change the time to day or night by the use of hourglasses that are placed in different locations in the level. The player swaps between Sonic and the Werehog, and will have to use all of the skills learned from the game to beat the enormous act. On the Wii/PS2 version of Unleashed, they are separated into day or night acts. This has 6 acts: a day stage and 5 night stages. Sonic does not change the time in the Wii/PS2 version because the World Map is the only way to be Sonic the Werehog. The Egg Fighters do not appear in the Werehog levels in the Wii and PlayStation 2 version because Dark Gaia's Minions are used instead of Eggman's robots and Dark Gaia's Minions together.
After passing Eggmanland and restoring the white Chaos Emerald, Sonic (the Werehog) and Chip are ambushed by Eggman in his Egg Dragoon. The attack causes the ground to collapse, and the first of three final boss battles begins as Sonic, Chip, and Eggman hurtle into the Earth's core. After the Werehog defeats the Egg Dragoon, Dark Gaia appears and sends Eggman flying, who had tried to order the beast into destroying Sonic. Dark Gaia, the second final boss, is fought after Chip transforms into the Gaia Colossus. Then, after Sonic and the Gaia Colossus had seemingly defeated Dark Gaia, the monster powers up to his true form, Perfect Dark Gaia, who is the real final boss and is fought in an epic battle with Super Sonic and the Gaia Colossus.
Once Perfect Dark Gaia had finally been defeated and laid to rest, the state of Eggmanland is unknown, though it most likely collapsed in on itself due to the hole in the ground made by the Egg Dragoon.
After beating the game, Sonic can access Eggmanland's HUB, which is also an Entrance Stage (due to there only being one huge act) and is located right at the city's large, Eggman-shaped gate. Sonic and Chip actually went through the HUB when they first landed in Eggmanland.
MusicSonic Unleashed "Eggman Land Hub" Music(04:02)
- There is an error in the citizen descriptions, saying that EF-MD1991 is the shopkeeper, when actually, it is EF-DC1998.
- Eggman has attempted to build Eggmanland numerous times in most games but has only accomplished this goal once in Sonic Unleashed.
- In Sonic Adventure, as Eggman preferred to refer to himself as Robotnik, his ambition was to build Robotnikland, but in modern games today he refers to himself as Dr. Eggman and wants to build Eggmanland. This is also the case in the Japanese dub.
- As a bit of an inside joke, the three Egg Fighter citizens are named after abbreviations of four key game consoles (the Mega Drive (Genesis in the US), Dreamcast, and Xbox 360/PS3) and the years in which their first Sonic games were released:
- Despite the fact that the 360/PS3 versions of the Eggmanland Act are very long, it is possible to finish the Act in around 20 minutes. For this to be possible, the player would need all of Sonic's and the Werehog's stats at their maximum levels (Speed and Ring Energy for Sonic; Combat, Strength, Life, Shield, and Unleashed for the Werehog), the shortest paths must be taken in the Daytime sections, and many fights must be ignored in the Nighttime sections. In the Wii/PS2 versions, Eggmanland has only one daytime act and 5 nighttime acts.
- Another alternative for the Werehog sections in the 360/PS3 versions are to make sure to successfully land and complete as many Critical Attack QTE's for multiple bonus points.
- This stage appears in Sonic Generations as a boss stage for the Egg Dragoon.
- When first seeing Eggmanland, Sonic comments that he will never understand Eggman's taste, due to the bizarre designs.
- Also, after the pre-level cutscene, the level immediately starts and the HUB world and is only accessible after finishing the final boss.
|Sonic Unleashed Locations|
|Adabat | Apotos | Chun-nan | Eggmanland | Empire City | Holoska | Mazuri | Shamar | Spagonia|